cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campground in Maine??

party_of_5
Explorer
Explorer
So last summer we moved up into a 28' class C MH from our suburban and Jayco pull behind. In the past we have always done more traveling than camping with our campers. leaving the camper behind while we'd head out each day to tour the area we were in for that day or two then moving on. Since we purchased this MH we have just stayed at camping resorts where we havent left the campground. This will be our first non resort traveling trip we will be making in the MH. We would like to head to Maine and tour the state. We will not be towing a toad. Can anyone suggest a campground that might offer a shuttle or bus tour of the area from the camp? Thank you to all for your suggestions.
Party of 5 + 1 mutt:B
2004 Ambient MH
7 REPLIES 7

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this link will work for your family showing only MAIN Camping Parks. enjoy be safe. RV Parks in MAIN
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few National Links showing the STAE of MAIN and Campgrounds. First up is Reserve America Campgrounds all over the USA. Next up is a very popular link for some areas in Canada as well as the USA, just open and pan down the page. Compendium RV-Park Here is another nice link which I hope you like. Forest Camping I will also search for A state of MAIN only campground and post below. enjoy and have a safe fun camp in your RV.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

rav
Explorer
Explorer
last year we stayed at Hadleys Point and the Bar Harbor campground, the Island Express route stopped at both of the campgrounds. it would take you in to Acadia NP or you could jump on another bus to go into Bar Harbor and other areas. the Island Explorer is free, we rode for the 6 weeks we spent on the island.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just booked 3 days at the Shorehills campground and RV park in Boothbay Maine. There is a shuttle into town and a scenic Railroad just down the street. Lots to do in this area. The campground is right next to a beautiful river too. Nice place.
The "Lobster Buoy campsite in South Thomaston has sites right next to the ocean. Great place to surf cast.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
See if you can get a reservation near Acadia NP, that would be a place to see. Ask the local campgrounds that you search about free shuttle transportation. See the link:

https://www.nps.gov/articles/island-explorer-shuttle.htm

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many towns and villages in Maine, esp beach towns do not allow RVs in town. A scooter would be ok. We tried toadless a few times. No more.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Bayleys has a lot at the campground and a shuttle bus to the beach but you say you aren't staying at a resort so that one must be out. Why not a resort?