cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Car dolly

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
How much do car dolly's bounce around going down the hwy. at 60 mph when there is no car on it holding it down??
11 REPLIES 11

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
03 RoadKing wrote:
A LOT
X-2

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
I was told to let some air out of the tire. It helped but then I solved the problem and went four down.

Bob

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
A lot. And nice and noisy too. But I wasn't going to let the air out and back in for the small distance I would travel without a car on it.
2013 ACE 29.2

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
more in Louisiana than most places in Texas.

Bob Vaughn wrote:
How much do car dolly's bounce around going down the hwy. at 60 mph when there is no car on it holding it down??
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
My manual for my Master Tow says 50psi loaded, 10 psi empty. Really a pain for us as we keep the dolly at the S/B house and tow it empty to the storage facility and connect it to the MH. We just take the back roads and limit speed vice deflating.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

donhoward49
Explorer
Explorer
When towing empty I lower my dolly air pressure to 10psi and it doesn't bounce around.

YEP, what he said.. For the whole year that I owned one thats what I did

jwbinmd1960
Explorer
Explorer
When towing empty I lower my dolly air pressure to 10psi and it doesn't bounce around.

Daboo
Explorer
Explorer
it does bounce a lot...when i towed my empty, after the first time, I purchased 4 bags of sand and layed on the ramps...problem solved...
Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force

03_RoadKing
Explorer
Explorer
A LOT
Jim and Deb
The Furchildren Abby and Baylee
USAF Retired
2001 Newmar Mountain Aire

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I do not recall the exact number, but when we had a dolly the manufacturer provided a lower recommended tire pressure when towing with no load. When that was set the dolly did bounce a little, but nothing that was difficult or unsafe to tow. Check your manual or the manufacture's web page.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Mine bounced like a superball.