cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C Forestier by forest River

Blemaire
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking about purchasing a Forestier class C by forest river. We scared cause it seems like there's a lot of problems with this make . Is there one that seems to not have too many problems ?
8 REPLIES 8

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a Forest River Sunseeker 2300 since new for 4 1/2 years and 35k miles, and aside from a few very minor repairs it has been a very solid unit, especially considering the 30-50 nights a year spent in it, almost all dry camping. What sold me on it was the crowned fiberglass roof and Azdel composite, not luan, in the sidewalls. This particular example was built on an E450 chassis as well, so the light no-slide house allows for big NCC and towing capacity.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have one but I looked at a 2004 Forester and it was lovely. Didn't buy it because it was out of price range and I really didn't want slides. But I read reports here diligently, and it seems the Forest River line is hit or miss, love or hate. Forester and Sunseeker have great features, design, and layout. The inconsistent quality would drive me off, though. To pick a more expensive Class C that's still not premium stuff, the Winnebago line seems to score better with less of a swing in owner's opinions.

Far s Chevy goes, Snowman's remark reinforces what I've said about Chevy in the Class C arena: They jump in and back out. That doesn't mean you can't get parts and service for your Chevy-based unit. What it does mean is that the manufacturers aren't going to make a heavy commitment.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
I kept my 2015 Forester 2501 for one year and traded it in due to the amount of repairs. I liked many of the features on the Forester, but just to many problems. It spent more time at Camping World than I had time to use it during that year. I am not sure of how much of the problem was Camping World vs the Forester Factory issues. My main problem was the rear slide was built out of square and would not seal without tweaking sideways. There were numerous methods to "fix" the problem, just none of them worked. The TV mount fell off of the wall, tweaked the entrance door, etc. Ours came the Chevy 6.0 V8, overall I liked the Chevy over our previous Ford with the V10. We did modify the seats that came stock as sitting in them for more than 2 hrs was uncomfortable. Happy searching. JH

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if anyone is actually producing on the Chevy chassis now. As far as I know, Chevy suspended production on them in order to use the plant for the very successful new Colorado and Canyon pickups. It will sure make motorhome builders gun-shy about using Chevy again.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
They make a quality product from what I have seen and I see that they come on a Chevy Chassis that alone will give you a better ride,larger cockpit and less likelihood of having the handling problems that seem to plague the Fords.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with MarkieMark. They are a value brand, but are fairly well engineered and built.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Blemaire wrote:
We are thinking about purchasing a Forestier class C by forest river. We scared cause it seems like there's a lot of problems with this make . Is there one that seems to not have too many problems ?
Yes, Potentially, IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY MORE!

There are higher priced Class C's, that may have Less Problems.

The thread below, has some good explanation on Class C's, SEE Ron Dittmer's comments.

Class C Quality Comments Thread Click Here

I own a Forest River Class C, SUNSEEKER (Forester, without some of the bells & whistles).

2 Years of ownership, and we are pleased with our Forest River.
For the price point: We like the fiberglass roof, fit & finish of interior, Floor-plan that worked for us and some will debate, follow-up from Forest River on their product has been great.

If you have not already done so, spend some time, on Forest River's Forum, to see info from owner's of the product. Also, note that Factory Reps, routinely help with issues.

Forest River Forum

Good Luck with your search!

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
We have the brother... Sunseeker 2008 and honestly it as been very good so far (knock on wood). All RVs including the multi-million dollar ones can have problems. Just do your homework and buy the one on the dealers lot so you can have hands on. However, even then something can go wrong.

Nothing made by man is perfect.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad