cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C

ohmily
Explorer
Explorer
I am also trying to find the right type of Class C for me, the wife, plus 2 dogs. We plan to spend time on the road not the repair shop. Is gas a better option over diesel? Reading about the limited Sprinter repair places that concerns me cause i have been reading about the Thor models. In looking and reading different model reviews there seems to be issues with some models, Thor and Jayco,. If you can recommend a
fair and balance web site i would appreciate that. Money is not a major issues (is Limited some) but i do want value for what i buy. Watched a video where the full timers suggested you talk to those that have been on the road for advise and suggestions. Why i am asking for help to find the best we can afford. My wife would like something that is around 24' so she would feel comfortable driving it, it would also need the power to tow a car behind it, so when we get where were we are going we can see the area not the just campground cause i have seen parking lots where RVs are not welcomed. I know we all have our favorites, i am looking for one that is dependable and reliable. I thank you in advance for your help. I appreciate you help and suggestions.
24 REPLIES 24

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Expyinflight

X3 🙂

We are two people and a 70# dog now working on rv #12 since 69'.
Read more to gather more info then ask specific questions to receive more specific information. Go to your Google or whatever you use search bar and type in "rvnet, and your question"
it tends to work better for me opposed the search bar on the forum.

Keep in mind that the rv appliances inside an rv are basically the same between units and they carry their own individual warranties.
Many times the MH vin# is your ID tag for service.

In general 24 ft is nice to fit into tighter places and possibly not have to tow a dinghy. It's a nice size MH to park in someone's driveway as well, visiting friends/family for an overnight stay.
Some people have been given permission to park them for an extended stay in a corner of a Hospital parking lot while giving care to a loved one.

Some units might offer a wider body model like 101 inches, offering more room to fit a full size (60x80) queen bed in the corner and at the same time a large enough shower in the dry bath. If a person is able bodied enough to climb onto the queen bed to make it, then a similar floorplan might be a starting point for you.
EX: the Sunseeker 2350LE offers a floorplan without a slide , large enough heated tanks, Freshwater holding tank is under the bed and heated by the interior room temp. , hydraulic jacks, spare tire, 6 gal WH. The 40" 12v. flat screen is a nice too, matched to 2 grp 27's under the step.
It's a roomy unit with enough storage in and out and the dinette is comfy enough for those inside times on rainy days .
I tried the 13,500 a/c in 98F humid temps for a week and it performed flawlessly , keeping things very cool. We were parked in daytime sun .
IMO, the less options you have the less chance for something to malfunction. (and you know things malfunction on Sundays and holidays, miles from help 🙂 )

Payload is over 4000#. I don't think I own 4000# worth of stuff .

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
But slides make a 24 foot C livable for two people with dogs.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Have a look at Leisure Travel Vans on the Chev chassis. Ford chassis are no longer available for these models. I too would skip the Sprinter.
LTV has a 24 ft. model with a very large bathroom and a full queen Murphy bed. Having the murphy bed frees up space that would be taken up by a bedroom that is only used +/- 10 hours a day. It also has lots of storage.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Once you have narrowed down your research if you can rent one like or close to what you are looking for that is the best testing you can do.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I read once several years ago, that slides were #1 in things needing repair.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Expyinflight. There is no replacement for time spent thinking and researching. When you have settled on what is important to you the choice becomes easy. For example, it is seriously important to me to minimize the probability of complex failures that could prevent me from leaving a site so I ruled out slides. Others wouldn’t think of an RV without a slide.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
For some of us, if you are willing and able to climb up into the crow's nest/bed above the cab, a bed on the floor is wasted floor space.

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
It takes a lot of research, looking, and 'tire kicking' to determine what works for.....you.

We all have our own opinions and favorites, but that is not necessarily the right choice for....you.

We all have different needs. There is a lot to choose from.

At the end of the day it is too broad of a subject for anyone to simply tell you what is best. What one person deems poor quality from one manufacturer may be perfectly acceptable to the next person.
Typically, you just have to figure that out for yourself.

My advice would be for you to go to a few RV shows, if there are any in your area. Or, go to some RV dealers and check out the inventory. Take your time, and develop a critical eye.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Phoenix Cruisers are one of the more reliable brands IMO. They come in well-designed floor plans and you can buy them direct from the manufacturer.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
RV's NOT welcome to 'camp' OR not welcome to 'SHOP'?? Never been turned away from Shopping.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV