Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

comments on 2003 allegro bus 40dp

airplanejoe
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings fellow campers...
I haven't logged on for some time and I apologize for that as this website is fantastic to glean info from all you old rvers...
Here's what I've got.
My lovely bride and I are buying a 2003 Tiffin Allegro bus, 40dp with the Cummins 350 hp, 1000 t engine. She looks great, lots of storage and low milage.
I would appreciate any tips, maintenance issues and suggestions from you folks out there.
We go to Colorado every year to campground host and are hoping that the 350 Cummins will have enough 'umph' to pull a toad up those hills...
Airplane Joe
3 REPLIES 3

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You need to be aware that there is network dedicated to Tiffins at Tiffin RV Network that has a forum with many Tiffin owners that are extremely knowledgeable on Tiffin MHs. It is not ran by Tiffin but by a dedicated group of owners.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
One common issue to check for (may or might not affect 03 Bus (Tiffin says 04 Bus and Phaetons)) but check for the 'wet bay problem'. If it has the problem, you'll notice the floor under the storage tanks is drooping down.

mike_in_tx
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Airplane Joe,
Is your Cummins turbo-ed? If so, it will handle the hills like a breeze. As to maintenance, I would make sure that all the fluids have been changed when necessary, as well as the fuel filters and dessicant filter for the air brakes, etc. I just recently purchased a low mileage 2005 Safari 40DP myself, and the fuel filters & desiccant filter looked original. I've found that when you buy a used rv, most of the time, unless you get good records on it, you should change out the fluids, including on the generator, to have a good starting point. I did all of this on my "new" one, and just came back from an uneventful 3,00 mile trip. The Tiffins are well built, top quality units, and should give many years of trouble-free service.
Mike