cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Corner Bed Help?

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2014 Sunseeker 2300. we really like the mh but this is the first corner bed we have had. What suggestions do you have on making it up. Just put sheets on it and it wore me out
36 REPLIES 36

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a queen corner bed in our MH and it was hard for the wife to put on the bottom sheet so I took over that job. We had a new mattress made and it is too tight to get the fitted sheet on all the way. I start at the back and donโ€™t be on the sheet you are trying to put on, push it down and around the back wall and corners as far as I can, then take 3 big safety pin and pin it to the edge of the mattress in the middle and each end side, then back off and tuck the sheet along the side as backing and finally get off the mattress and pull it tight at the bottom and at each corner and the middle again use big safety pins attached to the mattress.

We use each use a modified RV sleep sack for our top cover. I tried using a full RV sleep sack (or as it now called a RV Superbag) but it kept bunching up under me when ever I turned or got in & out of bed. This solved our problem. Regards, Dick

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT has the front queen and then the back double corner bed with a single over top of it. I understand your dilemma. We only make the bed up if grandchildren come. I get them to do it with a fitted bottom. If I have to do it myself I use a flat sheet on the bottom and tuck it in....you still have to reach over,but you are not lifting corners to stretch the fitted sheet on.
The sleeping bag idea is a good one if you like sleeping bags. We like fresh sheets and blanket every 3 days...sheets are easier to clean.

_en_Plain_Air_
Explorer
Explorer
Sleeping bags and sacs solve part of the problem, if you can tolerate the jumbled mess around your feet, but it DOESN'T solve the problem of climbing over each other in the middle of the night for a bathroom run. Nope- never going to do a corner bed.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
RV Superbag is the easy solution or just buy sleeping bags if you can't stand the price of the Superbag.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
I feel for you. We had one camper in years past with the corner bed. Never again. I never figured out an easy way to make it up, so it usually did not get made up. We just got two "zip together" sleeping bags and laid them on top. My back would not take trying to make that corner bed.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never thought much about it, because for the first 10-15 years I was making my own bed, it was in a corner of the room (and for many years, built in so that I couldn't pull it out). Same for college dorms, officer training, and the bedrooms in the first couple of houses we lived in after marriage.

One solution is to use sleeping bags or sleep sacks, and not worry about trying to make up the bed as if preparing for photo shoot in House Beautiful. Pretend you are camping.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have friends who have a corner bed and she hated it. she like you wore herself out trying to get the sheets on. she told me that is the main thing she didn't like about their unit.