cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cost to redo entire roof rubber

Jackutah
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what it would cost to have a rubber roof redone on my 29 foot itasca 1993... assuming the rest of roof is ok...
Old roof peeled 1/2 off.

Where is a place to take it in Utah ..
Jack in a box
Winn itasca sunrise 1993
11 REPLIES 11

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
As I stated on his previous post, his RV will be TOTALED. So, worry about replacement cost is MOOT. By the time they total his motorhome and if he opts to buy it back, he will have a SALVAGE title and then the cost of at least a minimum of $5,000 to $8,000 to correctly repair the Motorhome and then he will have a worthless motorhome. How do I know this? From 35 years as a RV Tech and I have seen this time after time. No matter how well you keep your OLD RV, when expensive damage happens you are left out. He can probably come out even after the TOTAL and repair of the roof, but then with a Salvage title, the RV will be worth about 2k or 3k. I would opt to keep it and fix as long as I knew I would own it till it fell apart. Doug

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
If it is fiberglass I would insist that the insurance company put fiberglass back on. Longer life and less maintenance than rubber roof.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
$110. per foot. Shop around.

tommykelly
Explorer
Explorer
on a 2014 Fleetwood tioga Ranger 26 feet class C location at Lazy Days in Tampa, Fla.

Lazy Days quoted 7400.00....for complete roof....

fleetwood wanted them to pull up rear part and re-glue bubble...Lazy Days refused.

Lazy Days said the partial repair would not work....Fleetwood said it would ..so ...

I have a bubble at the rear of r.v. with an additional year roof warranty.

so that is how I know what a tpo roof replacement costs..sadly....

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
YOUR cost should be your DEDUCTIBLE...according to your previous post...I'd be screaming to high heaven to anyone who would listen...especially my insurance commissioner...just sayin...Dennis \

Previous post
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

cbeierl
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, don't know the cost. Winnebago should be able to supply a new roof--you could check with them on the cost.
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

Jackutah
Explorer
Explorer
cbeierl wrote:
According to the 1993 Sunrise Brochure your coach should have a single piece fiberglass roof (see page 7 of the pdf), not a rubber or EDPM roof.

Thanks... I have never had RV but the pieces I picked up seemed like fiberglass.. but my neighbor and the insurance agent keep saying rubber roof..

What am I looking at in cost replace fiberglass... or should it be replaced with rubber or other product for repair?
Jack in a box
Winn itasca sunrise 1993

cbeierl
Explorer
Explorer
According to the 1993 Sunrise Brochure your coach should have a single piece fiberglass roof (see page 7 of the pdf), not a rubber or EDPM roof.
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

americanrascal
Explorer
Explorer
2 years ago I had a PVC membrane put on to replace a TPO membrane that failed. The cost then Labor and material was $100/ ft on a 27 foot rig.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Jackutah wrote:
Does anyone know what it would cost to have a rubber roof redone on my 29 foot itasca 1993... assuming the rest of roof is ok...
Old roof peeled 1/2 off.

Where is a place to take it in Utah ..

Well Sir,
First off, are you planning on doing the labor yourself? When ever a total replacement of the membrane is done, it's always the labor that drives up the price. On the average, average length, average size etc. and, with minimum underlayment needing replacement, you're probably looking at around, $3500 - $4500, plus or minus.

But, in reality, the membrane cost for your coach, at least the last time I checked purchasing some, would be only about $450 - $500 depending on certain circumstances. In reality, it's not a hard job, just labor intensive. And, much of how deep you have to go in to labor charges depends on the underlayment (Luan) that may or may not need replacing and or, any bracing too.

All the vents, A/C and anything else up there must be totally removed and, quite possible, without seeing your coach, some side molding might have to be removed too.

So, as you can see, IT'S LABOR! The glue and membrane are the cheapest components of the entire job. It is doable by an owner, if the owner has "DIY" type of experience. If not, be prepared to pay for labor.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Around here it's about $125 a running foot.
But it's expensive here and I think stuff like that may be much cheaper elsewhere.