cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Country Coach gives update on new motorhome production

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
This morning I got this in my email from Country Coach.

""The first Country Coach motorhome on a Dynomax chassis is taking shape in our proto shop. By the time you read this the 500 HP ISX-12 engine and Allison MH4000 transmission will be sitting in a shiny new chassis. It will be Spring before I get a chance to drive the new Allure 45' four slide coach. I can hardly wait!""

So it looks like Country Coach will begin production on new coaches next year. They have been saying they are going to and it looks like it will. We are very happy with our Country Coach.

A key feature is that the new rig will be on the CC Dynomax chassis. So that means that it will have a semi-monocoque design which is (in my opinion and the opinion of most) a far superior (but more expensive) compared to bolting a house on to a rail frame. Only the best quality coaches use this design. Plus it will be made in Lane County Oregon. This is the area Country Coaches were made in the past and also Monaco. There is still a large concentration of skilled people in this area to build the new motorhomes. I am glad to see someone is starting up west coast production again. It seems to me ridiculous that the World's "premier" area with the most sights to visit with a motorhome should not have any production located there any more. Oregon has a long history of producing superior coaches like CC, Beaver, Safari, and Monaco.

I hope I get to see the new coach when we go to the Country Coach factory next year.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
8 REPLIES 8

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
If it's what they say it's going to be, I just might be interested. CC has always been near the top of my list. Hope it's priced competitively....Dennis

Im not sure if they will allow escapees from CC to get back in the family again?????.....:S..:h
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it's what they say it's going to be, I just might be interested. CC has always been near the top of my list. Hope it's priced competitively....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
As far as the over 40 ' Motorhomes, I am not interested. You have to stay at high end RV Resorts with them...not my cup o tea so to speak! I am a State Park and COE kinda guy!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I hope they get back to producing a variety of coaches, not just monster rigs that very few can or will buy. Get back to making 38'-42' models, the size the country is interested in. In my opinion, this was the problem that Monaco ran into when they reopened and initially built a bunch of 43' coaches when everyone was clamoring for something shorter.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

gsander1
Explorer
Explorer
It's actually not Bob Lee starting production it is his brother Ron Lee.

Bob continues to own and run his motorhome maintenance, repair and refurnish business called Oregon Motorcoach Center(OMC).

Ron Lee purchased the intellectual capital and other assets of the manufacturing business and re-labled the company as Country Coach Corporation. that business has been performing the same functions as OMC plus sales of used motorcoaches....mostly Country Coaches.

This is great news.
George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
As a former County Coach owner, I'm both pleased and encouraged to see Mr. Lee stand by his employees and customers. C.C. has been offering factory service for several years with the goal of starting production again. Bob has reached his goal. C.C. will begin with the new Allure next year.

Many busness owners would have shrugged off the devastating 2008 downturn, cashed out and moved on, without putting forth the effort and risk to keep the skilled craftsmen/women doing what they do best; building a first class motor coach. Bob Lee is to be congratulated.

Best of luck to you all.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
That is good news! CC was saying a few years back that they wanted to restart by 2014? Must have finally secured there financing?

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Great news! We have an '04 Allure 33' and love it. Can't wait to see the new model.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi