cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel fuel additives

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Is it advisable to use diesel fuel additives?
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!
10 REPLIES 10

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you who use Howes Diesel Fuel Treatment, check your local Wal*Mart. Ours has Howes for less than $10.00 a jug vs. $16.00 to $18.00 at the truck stops.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

Koop
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
The only thing I use is Biobor JF at every fuel fill. 1.5oz will treat 100 gallons and keep microbe growth from clogging the fuel system.

I also use Biobor JF at every fill up. It not only eliminates microbes (humbugs) it adds lubricity to ULSD fuel.
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS
400HP Cummins ISL

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel Kleen is our choice!

tmmar
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how long Biobor lasts once the container is opened. I usually only use it when the coach will be sitting for more than 4 months which is usually around the end of the year. If I open the 32oz bottle, I will not use it up for a couple of years so the remainder sits around for a while.
2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Yes
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
This debate rages on. However, one additive you should always add is a biocide if you store your coach.
2014 American Eagle

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel kleen here. White bottle in winter, silver in summer. Boosts cetane, adds lubricity, anti gel in winter.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is. I use OptiLube and here's why: Diesel Fuel

For those that say they don't do it because the manufacturer doesn't say to....here you go: Cummins
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I use is Biobor JF at every fuel fill. 1.5oz will treat 100 gallons and keep microbe growth from clogging the fuel system.

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
We use Penn Ray diesel prep. improves cetane rating, adds lubricity, etc.
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package