cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dressing for winter in Florida

slyone
Explorer
Explorer
This is for all the DW's out there about what to wear in Florida in the winter. It's our first time being snowbirds and don't know what to pack. Do I bring summer shoes or not? We'll be in Naples from Jan. to April. Can anyone guide me? Thanks
Steve& Linda Young
Winnebago 2012 Adventurer 35P
32 REPLIES 32

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Dress like Jimmy Buffet! I'm not a Parrot Head but I like those guys and I do own a Parrot!

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigred1cav wrote:
If you're from the North when the locals are bundled up and complaining of the cold you'll be in shorts and short sleeves.

Gets to 50 they think they're cold.

If it's 45+ degrees, I will work in a T-shirt & shorts!

If it's less than 65, my wife wears long sleeves.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Dance Chick wrote:
xctraveler wrote:
Biggest problem is DW is Petite 0, not a lot of places to fit her with anything.

Say what? That ain't fair!!

Yeah, I know, I make up for it.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

vacuumbed
Explorer
Explorer
Save money on clothes and laundry by not wearing anything.

TEO
Explorer
Explorer
No matter how warm it is supposed to be where you are going, always pack at least one pair of long pants and a warm jacket. No matter how cool it is supposed to be where you're going, pack at least one pair of shorts and a Tee shirt.

It get's cool enough in our section of Florida that we go to Mexico for the winter, and in Alaska this year they hit 90 degrees. With the climate changes you cannot really depend on the weather or temperatures being "normal".

Paul

Paul & Helen

2002 Winnebago Journey DL:)
1999 Jeep Cherokee toad :C
Yellow Lab, Jodie, Chocolate Lab, Coco :B, and Lab/Golden mix, Sandy.:B
FMCA 98905
http://ptempesta.blogspot.com

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Naples year around. From January through April you could experience a handful of days where it is in the thirties or forties overnight but will be in the sixties to seventies during that day. There also will be some days where you have a brisk wind that will make it feel cooler than it really is. There will be very little rain during that period and can get very warm going into April.

Typical summer clothing for the rest of the country, accompanied by a light jacket or sweatshirt will suffice. We have some of the mildest winter weather anywhere in the world and Naples is heavily populated by people from all over the world during that time period.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
If you're from the North when the locals are bundled up and complaining of the cold you'll be in shorts and short sleeves.

Hey Hey- When it gets to 50 we ARE cold. LOL

lol

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:

Hey Hey- When it gets to 50 we ARE cold. LOL
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I lived in Orlando for two years, summer uniforms ( short sleeved cotton) were uniform of the day year round. Might wear a jacket occasionally, and summer weight dress blues for occasional public appearances.

Civilian in Naples, it is going to be shorts and t-shirts most of the winter.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Eycom wrote:
LOL... Dog Folks have lived in Florida too long. You're first snowbird adventure to Naples will seem like spring, to you. You'll need warmer clothes the following year.:W

Very true! Remember, less is more. Mix/match. This coming season promises great shows, and local entertainment. Some dress shirts /slacks for a nice night out would be a good idea.

Have fun!!

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you have reservations. We went to Florida two years ago in January.

We didn't have reservations...lesson learned, again the hard way.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Community Alumni
Not applicable
bertnspike wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:
I would dress the same way you would in Pennsylvania in May thru early June.

That's essentially what we do in Myrtle Beach in the winter; mostly days in shorts and a sweatshirt. :C

It's a lot warmer in Fort Myers than it is in Myrtle Beach most winters.

Yeah I guess it's a lot further south than I was thinking. I used to go into Tampa on business and found it cool sometimes in January. Last winter in Myrtle Beach was overall colder than usual but we did have a couple great weeks of mid to high 70's in the middle of January.

... Eric

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
xctraveler wrote:
Biggest problem is DW is Petite 0, not a lot of places to fit her with anything.

Say what? That ain't fair!!
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

tplife
Explorer
Explorer
I just got back from Estero last Tuesday and have been there before in December - same clothes, same stuff: Shorts, Harley-shirt, JapSlaps by day, Shorts, Hawaiian shirt, Nike chinellas by night. ๐Ÿ™‚