cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Ceiling

sprint4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advise on how to drop the ceiling in my 2001 HR Endeavor. I want to replace the center lights and add individual spot lights in the front of the coach. The ceiling has 4 or 5ft sections with a strip that goes from one side of the wall to the other. I am unsure how to take the ceiling down and don't what to make things worse by pulling things out. You knowledge and advise are very welcome.

Thanks,

Randy
6 REPLIES 6

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
sprint4x4 wrote:
Looking for advise on how to drop the ceiling in my 2001 HR Endeavor. I want to replace the center lights and add individual spot lights in the front of the coach. The ceiling has 4 or 5ft sections with a strip that goes from one side of the wall to the other. I am unsure how to take the ceiling down and don't what to make things worse by pulling things out. You knowledge and advise are very welcome.

Thanks,

Randy

My reply assumes that your Endeavor is very similar to mine.

I have installed a center mounted spotlight and a wilson roof mounted trucker antenna for our cell phone. I've also seen some of the interior under the front cap roof while repairing the 10 inch hole in the roof caused by the falling tree limb.:(

If you remove the covers covering the interior sides of the windshield, you will find a lot of room there. If you have radio speakers mounted in the ceiling under the front cap fiberglass, try removing those and see if you can get a fish tape from the speaker hole to the side of the windshield area. Also use the fish tape to see if you can find space between the speaker area and the area you want to mount your accessory.

I've been successful cutting the hole in the fiberglass cap roof, running the fish tape from the new hole to the windshield pillar area, and then using the fish tape to pull the wire to the windshield pillar area. Once you get the wire to the windshield pillar, you can run it down to your dash switches,power source, etc. On one of the installs, I had to fish the wire from the accessory hole to the speaker mount hole and then to the windshield pillar.

Cutting the hole in the roof will raise you anxiety level a bit, however.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Monaco ceilings are glued to the Styrofoam and center pieces. It is not just dropping it down. It will come out in chunks. When we drop it is because we are installing a new 4 by 9 foot ceiling panel and scraping and gluing the new panel in place. Not an easy job for an amateur. Doug

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
sprint4x4 wrote:

Thanks,

Randy

Sounds like an interesting mod. Do you have any photos of examples of somebody who has done this before?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Call Monaco @ 1-800-509-3417. They'll need either your coach number, which is on the RVIA sticker by the entry door, or the last 6 digits of your VIN. They'll give you all the info you need....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

sprint4x4
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the update.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Chances are under the strips the ceiling panels are stapled and glued in place. It would be difficult to remove a panel without damaging it to the point it could not be reused.

You may be able to run wiring through overhead cabinets and then fish wiring to a hole cut in the panel where you would like the lights.

An alternative is to use Panduit Surface Mount Raceway to run wires where you need them.

Something like this