Drop Ceiling

Explorer

Re: Drop Ceiling

sprint4x4 wrote:
Looking for advise on how to drop the ceiling in my 2001 HR Endeavor. I want to replace the center lights and add individual spot lights in the front of the coach. The ceiling has 4 or 5ft sections with a strip that goes from one side of the wall to the other. I am unsure how to take the ceiling down and don't what to make things worse by pulling things out. You knowledge and advise are very welcome.

Thanks,

Randy

My reply assumes that your Endeavor is very similar to mine.

I have installed a center mounted spotlight and a wilson roof mounted trucker antenna for our cell phone. I've also seen some of the interior under the front cap roof while repairing the 10 inch hole in the roof caused by the falling tree limb.Smiley Sad

If you remove the covers covering the interior sides of the windshield, you will find a lot of room there. If you have radio speakers mounted in the ceiling under the front cap fiberglass, try removing those and see if you can get a fish tape from the speaker hole to the side of the windshield area. Also use the fish tape to see if you can find space between the speaker area and the area you want to mount your accessory.

I've been successful cutting the hole in the fiberglass cap roof, running the fish tape from the new hole to the windshield pillar area, and then using the fish tape to pull the wire to the windshield pillar area. Once you get the wire to the windshield pillar, you can run it down to your dash switches,power source, etc. On one of the installs, I had to fish the wire from the accessory hole to the speaker mount hole and then to the windshield pillar.

Cutting the hole in the roof will raise you anxiety level a bit, however.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida