Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entegra Quality

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Folks!
The DW and I are discussing a move from our 2011 Cameo / 2015 F350 to a Class A Pusher. We would buy used, and are comfortable between $250k-300k.

When I look at pricing, I see the Entegra seems to generally be priced lower, and have lower miles than say Tiffin or Newmar.

Since I generally see more Entegra's than the other two, I wonder if it is a quality issue (which forces early trades) or maybe Entegra just sold tons more than Tiffin or Newmar so there are more in the market.

Anyone have an opinion here?

I would especially love to hear from owners of these products regarding satisfaction, fit and finish, quality, etc.

Thanks
2015 F350 King Ranch Dually 4x4, 22k Reese hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo 37cksls
Sarah (most beautiful creature in the world)
Mickey (105lb golden - good thing he's pretty)
Ashlee (85lb lab - spectacular pal)
Dutch (120lb lab - young one in training)
23 REPLIES 23

Mike3
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Anthem and have been very pleased with it. It's our 1st MH and we also came from a 5th wheel. We looked at Tiffin, Newmar and Entegra. I can only share our reasons for this choice and what we have experienced thus far.

We marked Tiffin off the list due to the problems of getting service from the factory. I know they have a good reputation for service but we wanted a coach that did not require a lot of service. We bought ours to travel not sit in the parking lot in Red Bay waiting for service as many fellow campers described to us. Additionally, fit and finish on the models we saw did not compare well with the two other brands.

Newmar makes a great coach in this price range. IMO, fit and finish are similar, maybe a nod to Entegra. You can tour both factories about 20 miles apart and judge for yourself. One big Newmar advantage is that you can special order with many different options and choices. I believe that to be the main reason the similar coach (Dutch Star vs Anthem) costs many thousands more. Entegra gives you 4-5 choices of floorplans, exterior and interior colors. They offer only 3 options, exterior fridge, solar panels, and traveler satellite. Everything else is standard so you get more bang for the buck. Entegra has a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty vs Newmars 1 year. All Entegras are built on Spartan chassis until this year that was an upcharge for Newmar. Newmar has the Comfort Drive (computer enhanced steering). I drove both and could not tell a significant difference. I could tell the Entegra was quieter.
My understanding is Newmar offers great service and is quicker getting parts to the dealer when needed. Also they have a good reputation earned over many years. Jayco purchased the bankrupt Travel Supreme and the first Entegra's were pretty much Travel Surpremes. I think the first Entegras were not available until 2011.

Based on the research on this and other forums we were expecting any brand to have some issues and need warranty work. We have been happily surprised. In 6 months and 13K miles we have not had any down time due to coach issues. The few times we had minor issues we called customer service and they sent a mobile repairman to address the issue. We took it to our dealer just last week for the first time for several warranty items to be addressed and the engine and generator serviced.

If it sounds like I'm pushing Entegra I guess that is probably accurate but only because we have been so pleased with ours. I'm not putting down Newmar as they are very good as well but I liked the floorpan, the quiet ride, the 2 year warranty and the lower price. Others may feel different and as others have said the most important thing is the right floorpan for you. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Good luck with your decision. If you have any questions PM me. I'll be happy to help as a number of people in the forums and in campgrounds were a big help to us.
2017 Entegra Anthem
2013 Honda CRV Toad
2013 Road Glide Ultra with a HydraLift

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
What makes anyone think the Amish are any better at assembling than other factory workers? They slap them together just like the other workers. They are not building fine furniture. Just pictures of wood with vinyl wrap and staples.

Moisheh

The brightest and most enterprising workers in northern Indiana work in the Hammond-Gary area in the mills and refineries where the money is better. Talent chases money in the blue collar world, not just the white collar one.

wnytaxman
Explorer
Explorer
Blaster Man wrote:
usersmanual wrote:
Blaster Man wrote:
Entegras appear to be priced lower than similarly priced Winnebagos, Newmars, American Coaches, Tiffins, etc. There must be a reason.

yup what I posted yesterday I guess there not as greedy

Or they are cutting costs somehow....overhead, parts, components, labor, salaries, etc.

Much of their cost savings is that they have very few options that you can order. Basically it's the old Ford standard of everything is standard. I've toured their factory twice and it's very impressive to see how well they are constructed.
2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R on order, 2011 Berkshire 390BH traded

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
What makes anyone think the Amish are any better at assembling than other factory workers? They slap them together just like the other workers. They are not building fine furniture. Just pictures of wood with vinyl wrap and staples.

Moisheh

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
tomthyme wrote:
Hello Folks!
The DW and I are discussing a move from our 2011 Cameo / 2015 F350 to a Class A Pusher. We would buy used, and are comfortable between $250k-300k.

When I look at pricing, I see the Entegra seems to generally be priced lower, and have lower miles than say Tiffin or Newmar.

Since I generally see more Entegra's than the other two, I wonder if it is a quality issue (which forces early trades) or maybe Entegra just sold tons more than Tiffin or Newmar so there are more in the market.

Anyone have an opinion here?

I would especially love to hear from owners of these products regarding satisfaction, fit and finish, quality, etc.

Thanks

Entegra is the coach of the 3 in the very late models and new comes with a two year warranty, unlike most others. Also cheaper to buy than American for instance. No full wall slides either and a deal breaker for me. Built on the Spartan chassis with side radiator, as well.
Buying older like we always do, is another story and with our most recent purchase, we feel that we got the best bang for the buck with what we paid and don't think an 07 Entegra can touch it.
With the new Entegra's, we just came from Lazydays FL and they have a ton of them that are evidently selling well.
Making shocking low ball offers never hurts either, for finding out, just where you're at, along with being serious and with checkbook in hand. Your budget just might put you in a new Aspire or close. Some told me that they had bought last years left overs and surely there's some 16's around that are getting anxious.
The Cornerstone is spectacular and although expensive, is probably where the best discounts are.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Original owner and founder the Bontrager family is Amish, efficient and utilitarian. Thor bought them and hopefully will continue the traditions.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
Blaster Man wrote:
Entegras appear to be priced lower than similarly priced Winnebagos, Newmars, American Coaches, Tiffins, etc. There must be a reason.

yup what I posted yesterday I guess there not as greedy

Or they are cutting costs somehow....overhead, parts, components, labor, salaries, etc.
2014 American Eagle

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
2014 American Eagle

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
tomthyme wrote:
Any other Entegra owners out there who can weigh in?
Thanks all!

You might try this forum which is specific to Entegra owners...

Entegra Owners
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Any other Entegra owners out there who can weigh in?
Thanks all!

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
tomthyme wrote:
Mile High wrote:
When we were looking - the Aspire was kind of the entry level, then Anthem, then Cornerstone. Now the Aspire has everything the Anthem had and is priced accordingly, but the Insignia seems to be the new entry level and is equipped about like what the Aspire was.

Thank you! I am also a Winnebago fan. I notice that's what is in your signature. How does the quality compare with your Winnie?

Thanks

Not having owned an Entegra, I can't really compare. Our Winnie has been a good solid unit and is built well. The Freightliner chassis seems to be performing well.

Things to watch on Winnie are:

The roof design requires you to make sure the seal at the perimeter is good, as it is a single fiberglass sheet that is rolled over the edge and inserted into a channel and sealed. If that sealant gets old and comes loose and the edge pops up on the road, it can do damage to the roof. It seems to impact the older units, but I do pay attention to that seal with the respect it deserves. Entegra has a lip on a molded fiberglass roof now to prevent this (not sure what they used to have back in 2013).

My smaller slides are Schwinteck (living room/bedroom). My living room slide was upgraded by the factory and hasn't given us trouble since, but I keep it lubed. The bedroom slide has always worked fine as it is light and small. Our full wall slide is a Powergear with robust rails that come out with the slide underneath. Prior to 2012, all slides were the robust Powergear. 2012 - 2015 they introduced Schwinteck to the lighter slides, but some kitchen slides were heavy and caused problems. In 2016 Winnie went to a new style Power Gear system that uses side rails and I believe it is a better product. I have much more confidence in the Power Gear than I do the Schwinteck. Entegra has their own design and I have no experience with it, but my buddy did have to replace a motor in his Entegra system.

Other than that, I don't know of any other Winnie issues.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
Oh I love this question. I have been an armchair shopper for a few years now and I have thought the entegra's were worth my money and time. But in saying that I would point out to you that there is a guy from France who bought one and has had more than his share of problems with his. he has a blog on U tube under the name of Rv escapes. he had steering problems and more steering problems, by that I mean the problem was on going, steps, sewer hose connection , exposed hoses and cables in the kitchen, and some other problems. But he is the only one who has posted his problems that I know of

in 2012 2013 2014 believe you me Entegra has had their share of problems the same as winni;; newmar ;tiffin etc have also
and this will continue there is no perfectly built unit ever

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Oh I love this question. I have been an armchair shopper for a few years now and I have thought the entegra's were worth my money and time. But in saying that I would point out to you that there is a guy from France who bought one and has had more than his share of problems with his. he has a blog on U tube under the name of Rv escapes. he had steering problems and more steering problems, by that I mean the problem was on going, steps, sewer hose connection , exposed hoses and cables in the kitchen, and some other problems. But he is the only one who has posted his problems that I know of

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
When we were looking - the Aspire was kind of the entry level, then Anthem, then Cornerstone. Now the Aspire has everything the Anthem had and is priced accordingly, but the Insignia seems to be the new entry level and is equipped about like what the Aspire was.

Thank you! I am also a Winnebago fan. I notice that's what is in your signature. How does the quality compare with your Winnie?

Thanks