cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F53 front spring bushings

vector
Explorer
Explorer
Was crawling around under the RV yesterday (what else better to do?) and noticed that the front spring bushings liked dry, cracked, and worn out. Has anyone replaced those bushings, maybe on a DIY basis, and if so where did you get the replacements? I'd be looking for polyurethane bushings instead of rubber. Thanks!
2001 GB Pursuit 3512DS
Ford F53 V-10
Banks Powerpack
Trans Command
2002 Honda CR-V AWD
8 REPLIES 8

vector
Explorer
Explorer
Wildmanbaker: Now that's info I can use. I will check with the local Ford dealer as soon as we get back. I appreciate it!
2001 GB Pursuit 3512DS
Ford F53 V-10
Banks Powerpack
Trans Command
2002 Honda CR-V AWD

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Merlin, you do know this will be a real bear cat of a job, without removing the springs and using a press. You could check with a FORD service department or large truck repair facility, to see if you can borrow or rent a portable bushing press to do the job. Let us know what you decide to do.
Wildmanbaker

vector
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, the bushings that are within the "curl" or the eye of the spring ends. Thanks for all the info so far.
2001 GB Pursuit 3512DS
Ford F53 V-10
Banks Powerpack
Trans Command
2002 Honda CR-V AWD

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took the OP to mean the spring eye bushings, but I could be wrong...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Are you talking about the spring "eye bushings" or something else?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try calling Michigan Truck Spring at 800-358-4751 and ask for Ryan. I think the part numbers are RB-304 and RB-305 for the rubber bushings, and they are special order. I haven't seen poly bushings listed anywhere for these springs.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
just a few places

http://energysuspension.com/products/Leaf-Spring-Bushings.html

http://prothane.com/

With that said, Good rubber bushing works. The polly will need re-lubing if they start to squeak.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you mean the bumper stop? Rubber block about the size and shape of a soda can attached to the frame rail directly above the axle?

Not a difficult replacement if you have the ability to get up into the wheel well. The stops on my 2006 chassis are toast and replacement is on my winter maintenance list. For my chassis model and year FORD lists them at $35 a piece but I think I'll see if I can find something made of a better material that will last a bit longer.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53