cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fantastic Fan Parts

Berner2
Explorer
Explorer
The 3 position switch on one of my fans has bit the dust. Is there a replacement available from a parts store etc. or is it easiest to go to Fantastic Vent. Ideally I'd like to be able to vary the speed more than the 3 set switch positions.

Has anybody used something else?

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Bruce_Brown
Add us to the list of happy customers - just a great bunch of folks to work with.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
they replaced my broken lid, of all things,free of charge it is a fantastic company!

wilco
Explorer
Explorer
Same result as Berner2. Talked to the nice and knowledgeable lady and parts arrived in the mail here in Canada at no charge.

Good fans, good service...what's not to like!

It's a (sadly) rare pleasure to deal with a company that provides a quality product, then stands behind it when things do go wrong.
tfw

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
Add us to the list of happy Fantastic Vent customers. Called and told them the problem and not only did they send the replacement motor, but the "arm" as well. The lady told me the arm sometimes gets bent when the motor goes out. Great to know customer service isn't totally dead.
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4

Berner2
Explorer
Explorer
I called Atwood this morning and talked to a lady in the Fantastic Fan dept.
I told her I needed the 3 position speed switch for my fan and she knew exactly what I was talking about. She responded with. "all I need is a name and address and I'll drop it in the mail". No charge for mailing or the part.

Looks like they are still living up to their reputation as a first rate company. It was so nice to be able to talk to somebody who knows exactly what you want without a big song and dance and a long explanation. I would have considered the service excellent even if I'd had to pay for the part.

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
I found fantastic fan to be one of the best companies ever to deal with. Motor in my fantastic fan went out called them and they sent me a new one for free. I was impressed to say the least. I was ready to pay and they said no charge.

Berner2
Explorer
Explorer
Ava wrote:
I bet you could find an electronic expert that wil get a variable resistor type dial control. That would give you total control of the speed. Trying to think outside the box.

That's what I was hoping to find. I'll check with Fantastic and see if they offer that type of control. If all else fails I'll order the original switch.

I have heard lately that they charge for their parts but their service is still excellent. I don't mind paying for good service.

Thanks to all for the responses.

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Call Fantastic and tell them what you want and they will fix you up. All of their fans can be upgraded without pulling them out of the roof. Their customer service is "fantastic!" Couldn't resist....
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I had to replace the gear assy that opened and closed the vent. Good response and got the part(s) in a couple days. They DID charge for the parts...can't remember if s&h has included or separate (or even there) but their phone service is excellent.

The instructions said I had to do part of the work from outside (on the roof)...don't know why....I did the whole job inside.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I bet you could find an electronic expert that wil get a variable resistor type dial control. That would give you total control of the speed. Trying to think outside the box.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Don't think the parts are free anymore but their service is still excellent.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Stop by and I'll give you one.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

desobelman
Explorer
Explorer
Here is fantastic vents number. Give them the part that is bad and they will send you a new one. They are excellent in customer seervice and guaranteeing their products.

Call Toll Free
800-521-0298
Darryl & Carole
2005 Sea Breeze LX 8375 37' w/3 slides
"The Grand Hotel West"
2008 Saturn VUE, Towed
GS-25512187 FMCA-355241 Dolphin-1901

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
I called Fantastic Vent (now a part of Atwood) in early 2014 since our 2005 vintage "elevator" motor failed. The part was no charge, however there was a charge for shipping and handling of around $10.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog