cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
I shut my neighbor up one time after he started bugging me about me doing some beating, banging and welding in my carport ( I was building a trailor )) ,,,I told him not to be to concerned as I was considering selling my house to an undesirable family of 7 with 5 very destructive children ,,, he knew the family I was talking abt soooooooo I never heard from him agn,,, not sugesting anything here Im just saying....

bigunone
Explorer
Explorer
Spectramac wrote:
Still living the dream out here. My neighbor decided to call me into the county cuz I didn't clean the mess up fast enough. The house is gone now, but he decided to be a jerk and now wants the cars in my back yard gone. So then the county guy came back out and told us good job on clearing out the old mobile, but now I need to clean up everything else... in 90 days! I can't seem to catch a break anymore. 😞

I hate busy bodies! Luckily enough our nearest neighbor is a 1/4 mile away and has a bigger stash of old cars than I do. Plus folks around here tend to mind there own business. Don't mess with me and mine an I won't mess with you

Build another "shed" to put them in?
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Still living the dream out here. My neighbor decided to call me into the county cuz I didn't clean the mess up fast enough. The house is gone now, but he decided to be a jerk and now wants the cars in my back yard gone. So then the county guy came back out and told us good job on clearing out the old mobile, but now I need to clean up everything else... in 90 days! I can't seem to catch a break anymore. 😞
Malcolm

Yeah, you don't wanna wind up like my TT rebuild project, sitting dejected and lonely cuz I have not touched it in 5 years now . . . . . wahhhhhhhh 😞
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Yes and you must post a few photos too, Or you could be Doomed........
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know of you're superstitious or not, but the RV Gods require that you do something with your RV at least once a year....even if it's just to start the genset every month.....so you had better post some pictures of some sort of RV project soon......besides, we're all gnawing at the bitt!!:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to salvage all the wood I can out of it, but a LOT of it is rotten! 🙂 The aluminum siding is going to the recycler (already took one load of it down). The guy only gave me 30 cents a pound so I won't be going back there!

It would have been fun to use the Dodge on it, but it's kinda stuck in the shed at the moment.

I had even MORE lawn before! It used to take almost an hour to mow it all. :B
Malcolm

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
As a tribute to the Dodge MH, you should have use it, instead of the Ford, to pull down the house:) And then, there is always that chance that the cable breaks and smashes the rear window on a perfectly good SUV 😞

I'm guessing that you removed the siding to sell/recycle it....is it going on the outside of the RV shed? I'm betting a lot of those 2x4s could be used as well.....My grandfather built a cottage, and my father swears that there wasn't 3 full length studs in the whole place...everything was scrap and married together...and as far as I know, that place is still standing....75 years later!

Now, what are you going to do with all that new lawn.....you're gonna spend all your time mowing, instead of working on the RV project.
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

That was a great video!! Haha! :B

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
LOL That was cool.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

tempforce
Explorer
Explorer
i see lots of boards and paneling to repurpose on the dodge.
well, i did see them....untilll..
lots more yard visible with it down..

somewhere in the texas 'lost pines'

currently without rv.
'13' Ford Fusion
'83' Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Diesel.
'56' Ford F100, 4.6 32 valve v8, crown vic front suspension.
downsizing from a 1 ton diesel and a 32' trailer, to a 19-21' trailer for the '56'.

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you have some firewood now.

Good hearing from you.
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
And for those of you with no time for the video...

:B
Malcolm

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I kept one of the bathroom sinks for possible use in the Dodge, but not too much else. I may save some wood out of it here and there too.

But here's the fun video, check it out! :B

Bringin' down tha house
Malcolm