cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

firemedic16
Explorer
Explorer
Nice shed.
Now get back to the camper, we all want you to make it look better than new. Nothing beats a custom built rv.

I wish you were retired, so you could work on this full-time.

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Been a while. How is the shed coming?

Kejsj30
Explorer
Explorer
Spectramac wrote:
Getting closer on the RV shed.

Now for some more bracing and on to the roof!

To brace that "mini barn" take a 14'-20' 2x4 and go from the bottom of one of your posts up to the beam on both sides, that will keep it stout while you put the sheeting on the roof.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Keystone Raptor 3712TS

pammi
Explorer
Explorer
It's amazing how clean the house gets when company is coming over!
2004 Rockwood Roo 23B (new to us in April, 2007)
2006 Nissan Xterra

When we camp, it's DH & me mostly. :B

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing yet, It's the kid's Birthday today, so I have to get ready for a big party this weekend. It made me clean up the yard so I guess it's not too bad...
Malcolm

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Hello: It's been a week what is happening? Need our fix.

CISCO8325
Explorer
Explorer
lets have a ho down when complete? to celebrate something completed hee heee LOL

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Getting closer on the RV shed.

Now for some more bracing and on to the roof!
Malcolm

CISCO8325
Explorer
Explorer
you lucky your buddys in washington verifed the weather,or I start a mob aganist you on not startin that RV . You got me hooked on this thread.. hee heee LOL

davepcpowernet
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, two days at 80 degrees then 5 days of 50s with rain. Rained here (about 150 miles south of Spect) about 1.5" in the last 24 hours.
Dave

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sort of between a rock and a hard place with the RV. The weather is still too iffy to get going on it... but, if I can get this shed done I can move it in there and get busy. I can put the boat under the shorter canopy. 😉
Malcolm

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Probably should have started a new thread....."Building an RV garage":)

We're all still waiting for those RV updates, but also know that this new project is going to take precedent....though it looks like the RV will not go into service until 2010.:(

Trusses turned out great, and the place is coming along! Keep us posted!
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Looking good.

yogipsk
Explorer
Explorer
Dude, you are gonna have to put air conditioning in your building before you can finish the coach at this pace. lol. Thanks for the update, I love your project and can tell that like me you love a challenge and never throw anything away. I would run a salvage yard if my wife wouldn't divorce me.
David and Vicki
1986 Georgie Boy Cruise Aire II 26'
RIP- Blondie the cocker
Oreo the crazy cat