cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still alive! Still tearing apart this stupid old house. Ya know, for an old rat infested, bug eaten old mobile it still had a lot of fight in it! Here's some pics:

Malcolm

tempforce
Explorer
Explorer
na, i'll be driving up in my old ford...
which i haven't started working on yet...
just kidding spec...
hope all is well and your having a great summer..

somewhere in the texas 'lost pines'

currently without rv.
'13' Ford Fusion
'83' Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Diesel.
'56' Ford F100, 4.6 32 valve v8, crown vic front suspension.
downsizing from a 1 ton diesel and a 32' trailer, to a 19-21' trailer for the '56'.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah take much longer and I'm going to be able to drive mine out there to watch ya do yours live.....LOL I know you could catch up if you started like real quick.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

4Eddielee
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, it's been a while - how ya doing on your rebuild? We're all chomping at the bit waiting for more info.

CISCO8325
Explorer
Explorer
i've gain 45lbs. waiting for you to finish this thing. Now I have to get on a weigth training program so I can get back and wait again.hehehehehe JMHO

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
You probably have many other more pressing projects with the new house and shop.....But.....Thought I would bring the thread back to the top in hopes that some RV progress pics might appear one day soon........

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Spectramac wrote:
Oh man, you guys know how to put a guy in his place!! :B

Yes, the spring rains have come for sure. We had it coming in from all sides yesterday. I need to get the old Dodge fired up and cleaned off. It still has some boxes and things stacked on it from the house move. It would sure be nice to get those walls finished and sat up. At least it would look like an RV again!! Believe it or not it's still on my to-do list. 😉
First things first spec, Taking your time with it will make everything perfect, I know you will get it done and when it is finished it will be one of a kind for sure, It will be one of them that when people look it over all they can say is WOW..........
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

coloradohoosier
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Spec! Glad you're settled in, and I too would like to see you back at the MH.
I've been following Old Trucker, off and on, but just saw your thread tonight --- read the early pages, then jumped to the end.

I've got an '85 Fleetwood Rallye built on a Chevy chassis. You were making me feel really guilty earlier about not dealing with my much needed cabover rebuild (which is getting even more needed over the winter.)
My projects tend to overlap though, like yours seem to. Looking at the calender and your posts reminds me why my wife tells me not to start on the RV.
Good luck getting back to it!
It looks like you'll finish well, when you do finish.
I used to backpack.
I used to drive in, then sleep on the ground in a tent.
Now I have to climb all the way up on top of the cab!

coloradohoosier
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
If anyone cares, I just finished the charging of my deep cycle battery for the trailer. I`ll post some pics if you want?

Were you wondering where to post the pics?:D
I used to backpack.
I used to drive in, then sleep on the ground in a tent.
Now I have to climb all the way up on top of the cab!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
If anyone cares, I just finished the charging of my deep cycle battery for the trailer. I`ll post some pics if you want?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear that the to do list still involves the old RV...Looking forward to some pics of the walls standing up...
Your rv and Truckers rv gave me the inspiration to take on the renovation of my old Dodge class C, although no where near as in depth but a project none the less....

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Oh man, you guys know how to put a guy in his place!! :B

Yes, the spring rains have come for sure. We had it coming in from all sides yesterday. I need to get the old Dodge fired up and cleaned off. It still has some boxes and things stacked on it from the house move. It would sure be nice to get those walls finished and sat up. At least it would look like an RV again!! Believe it or not it's still on my to-do list. 😉
Malcolm

CISCO8325
Explorer
Explorer
I need my rv rebuilt, ahahahahaha I need a fix. hehehehe. House looookin gooood

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great.... I come across another thread of someone who is not finishing up thier rebuild of a Dodge class C!!! LOL

Just kidding. I understand how it is when other more important things come up.

Lets go!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Mike_and_Kathy_
Explorer
Explorer
Impressive. Keep up the good work Spec.
Mike and Kathy H
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT