cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

tempforce
Explorer
Explorer
just a bit of humor, while we wait for spectromatic to finish his house and other priorities. i'm sure when those items are completed, we will see work on the motorhome again....

somewhere in the texas 'lost pines'

currently without rv.
'13' Ford Fusion
'83' Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Diesel.
'56' Ford F100, 4.6 32 valve v8, crown vic front suspension.
downsizing from a 1 ton diesel and a 32' trailer, to a 19-21' trailer for the '56'.

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
and wht did this prove?????I think he was trying to show us how strong his new chain is....

tempforce
Explorer
Explorer
another rv rebuild, a lighter side of doing things

r.v. rebuild

somewhere in the texas 'lost pines'

currently without rv.
'13' Ford Fusion
'83' Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Diesel.
'56' Ford F100, 4.6 32 valve v8, crown vic front suspension.
downsizing from a 1 ton diesel and a 32' trailer, to a 19-21' trailer for the '56'.

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
It looks great Mal.....
That sod is going to look great....and the deck is very sharp looking.

At least you've got a large flatbed that you can use to cart stuff off to the dump, when you are ready to tear down the old place:)

Wow, who'd have thought you'd have 76 page here:?
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau 🙂
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.😞
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
That is really a nice place buddy, I need to start on mine too, Ours will just be a remodel of the place, Come spring we are going to rip out the bath dinning and kitchen and refinish it take out two walls, The old dodge will sure come in handy when we don't have a bathroom and Kitchen in the house, Anyway real nice work you have done there, Great Job.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are great! Well, we are moved in! Still trying to remove stuff from the old house and find homes for it all in the new place. It's unreal how much time and energy it takes to do all this after months of physical labor.

Malcolm

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Heck I bet Old man Winter is inside that RV, I will give him untill spring and that is it.....LOL... I bet when he gets started it will be worth the wait.:B

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
OK....it's been over a month....we're still waiting for more pictures:H

You are really trying our patience:)
The Pets

pointbrze
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget pics of the new decks, etc.!!:)
Me - Cindy
Sonny (Toy Poodle)
CoCo (LhasaPoo)

2010 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2501SS
2007 Tundra V8, 5.7L, P2 brake controller

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I'm about 2 1/2 hours from Olympia, so yeah, we're pretty close (internet wise). The house is now skirted with concrete (Dura-skirt) and has porches front and back. Just a little longer and we should be able to actually move in. I can't wait to get back to using power tools! After the past few months, I'm threatening to throw away my shovel and rake! :B
Malcolm

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
coffeekittie wrote:

I found this thread as I'm looking for examples of how to tear down a TT. I got myself a $500 special that I'm working to take apart and do a complete rebuild on. I love all the pictures you provide of the steps, as I'm a complete novice and working alone.

Parker

You guys only live about 90 miles apart.....you should get together to discuss this stuff....maybe even help each other out?:)
The Pets

coffeekittie
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning!
I have been home sick for the past several days, and spent much of my awake time reading through this entire thread. What a ride! I got increasingly worried about the status of the MH as I noticed the date getting closer to current, and no time yet to work on it. But like many others, your story is one I want to follow, and cheer for. Go Mal, Go! You can do it! :B

You are such a terrific carpenter, so meticulous and yet sensible. I have really enjoyed reading and watching the various structures go up (and down).

I found this thread as I'm looking for examples of how to tear down a TT. I got myself a $500 special that I'm working to take apart and do a complete rebuild on. I love all the pictures you provide of the steps, as I'm a complete novice and working alone.

I'm willing to wait and watch while you get your other, more important things done, but I truly hope your MH gets some love sometime 😄 It's people like you who give me hope that I can do this immense task I've set for myself!

Subsribed and in suspense,
Parker

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
mrfixit454 wrote:
Oh... more demolition photos....
I guess this cat never runs out of popcorn.....LOL

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we are getting close, but haven't moved in yet. We've been in that big class A for just over 6 weeks now. We thought that was a long time till the cleaners came by last night and said, "heck that's nothing, we have people that have been living in motels for 6 months!" :B

Here's where the homestead is at present. I'm standing just to the right of the shed and RV taking this pic.

The carpet just went in Saturday, now it's time for the skirting and walkthrough with the interior guy. The demo of the old house will have to wait till we get moved in, cuz we left a lot of stuff in it. 😉
Malcolm

mrfixit454
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Lance 830 w/Tent Option
2006 2500 Dodge Ram Megacab, Cummins, Auto.