cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood Class C's 2009 to presenr

mdpurcell
Explorer
Explorer
We had a horrible nightmare of a travel trailer by Fleetwood (Fleetwood Pioneer) back in 2004. It's my understanding they went bankrupt and shut down towables manufacturing.

Now that I'm in the market for a Class C, can I get some feedback on Class C's from Fleetwood (Tioga, etc). I've heard that they make better Class C's then they did travel trailers, but I'm a little gun-shy.
9 REPLIES 9

RacerX10
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a 2013 Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher 25K .. 26' rig, super happy with it. 75,000 miles on it (rental unit) when I got it but it's hard to tell it from new. Everything on it seems to be working fine, and I'm satisfied with the quality of the construction on it (cabinets, etc).

1950panman
Explorer
Explorer
i want a class c, that has the foam insulation inside the walls for the sound proofing, like the moder Ambulance s have...any one know a brand that does this particular kind of insulation?..brand?..model?

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
We have been shopping for a class C for the last six months and one of the finalist was a Fleetwood Tioga, 2001 on a Ford 450 with 32,000 miles. In all the class C's we looked at, the overall construction of the interior always seemed better with the fleetwood. It just didn't have the layout we were looking for, and the generator had been removed and replaced with a portable one on the receiver hitch, not my first choice.
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet that almost any brand has factory bugs to be fixed by the dealer. Most RV's are assembled as quickly as possible with little quality control.
Some of the high end/much more expensive rigs my have fewer, possibly no
after sale fixes needed.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 2009 Icon is IMO very well designed, but the construction was pretty darn shoddy. I kept a list of factory defects and it's about 80 items long. One example is that the heat pump had the wrong thermostat installed. The built-in load shedding device was wired wrong. Another owner was short a heat register, with the duct left blowing the hot air into the kitchen cabinet base behind some drawers. It appears that when the allotted build time expired, the unit was shipped, ready or not. It was built in the now-closed California factory. Many owners believe that the factory in the east did/does better work. Thank goodness Fleetwood didn't build the chassis! With everything fixed it's a good rig.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood uses the same air conditioners, fridges, furnaces, awnings etc. as any RV maker also the same E-450 Ford chassis/drivetrain. Our 2004 Tioga 26Q has adequate/average construction quality. You can pay an extra $10K or more for comparable Lazy Daze or other top rated Class C and get better quality cabinetry and maybe less stuff to be fixed by dealer under warranty. High end rigs have better resale value.

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Over 110,000 miles on my 2008 Tioga 31M and the engine purrs like a kitten. You don't even know that it is running. This is an ex-rental and was well taken care of. At this rate, I will easily get at least 200,000 miles out of it.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
We have had several Fleetwood Terry's and nothing but good luck. I rate the ones I owned right up there with the Jayco's I've owned. My currant Fleetwood Jamboree C is proving to be the same, so far.

I must have missed the bad ones.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can only speak for a rig a bit older,mine is a 2006 Tioga,and it was a rental so it has had some hard use.

I was surprised at how well it was made,the workmanship seemed to be of very good quality, like the doors on cabinets or the sliding ones in the bedroom,the drawers in the kitchen and bedroom, all worked well with no signs of replacement or major problems, everything fits well and works as it should.

I have had no problems at all with it. Their product has held up very well even with all the use it has had. I am satisfied with all aspects of my Tioga.

More than 4 years and over 100,000 miles on the odometer now and not one single problem,the only thing I have done is the required maintenance that comes along with the ownership of a RV.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C