cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Folding Bikes from Camping World

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Are the Adventurer folding bikes sold by CW of decent quality/durability for occasional use? the 20" model is currently on sale for $149 and the 26" version for a little more.
9 REPLIES 9

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Then there's Craig's list ads for "seldom used" Dahons.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another one to consider http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?product=26-inch-folding-bike&PIN=136941&BC=S&DL=SEH5

I ended up with a kick scooter, but this is still on the short list.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Can't address the CW bikes, but I have read great things about these:
http://www.downtube.com/ss-index.html

I plan to get one this year.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
We bought two of the 20" six speed models, work well for what we use them for which is just riding around a few of the campgrounds we go too. They are what they are for what you pay. If I had to complain I would say that they are a bit heavy for a small bike. Over all they have worked well for us and I carry them in the back seat of the truck in the bags you can buy for them. I did put our wide seats from our full size bikes on them, much better. Did not want to spend big money for a Dahon that we only ride a few times a year. Had tried all sorts of ways to carry the big bikes and gave up until we got these.
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy has a Brompton folding bike. He loves it. They are not cheap.

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Let me recommend a trip to a few of the local bicycle shops. Many of the Dahon Folding Bikes can be ordered from distributors if the bike shop don't stock. I have not looked at the website but from memory they are of high quality and can be purchased in single speed, 3 speed, 6 speed or more. Not as cheap but the old you get what you pay for deal. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased 2 about 5 years ago when we had the family in San Diego. It was less expensive to purchase the folding bikes than rent bikes at the campground for a week. The kids and grandkids ride them when we travel and occasionally at home. I've ridden mine around the park a few times. They have held up well. I believe them sturdy. Ours have a single fixed gear, making it useful on the flats only. (my opinion). The seat height and distance to peddle are a bit short so it is not great for long bike treks but great for short trail rides along the bike-paths. Again, just my opinion.
I'd make the purchase again.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We have carried two the six speed Adventurers for about five years. They work, they are easy to fold and stow, but they are a little bit twitchy. Both DW and I have been thrown on occasion, always at low speed. Do they beat walking -Oh Yes. Are they more convenient that dealing with a towed? My bet is yes.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my wife was interested in buying one many years back but it was impossible to test ride one. that sort of killed that idea.
bumpy