cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forester by Forest River

catsgalore
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if anyone in the group has a Forester class C. If you do, how long have you had it and are you happy with the unit. Thank you, Ginny
9 REPLIES 9

catsgalore
Explorer
Explorer
Very good point.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
catsgalore wrote:
I like the idea that the motor is outside instead of between us in the front. Thank you to all that shared your thoughts with us.

There's that; plus the factory airbags in front and on the sides. I also like being able to get out on either side in front.....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

catsgalore
Explorer
Explorer
Lol. No its not a marriage question we are pretty much on the same page about the RV. It's just nice to have one we actually own after years of paying it off. I also did read that the class C has a few safety features that the class A doesn't have. I like the idea that the motor is outside instead of between us in the front. Thank you to all that shared your thoughts with us.

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see in my signature, I purchased a 2016 Sunseeker in the last fall of 2015. Just a quick FYI, the Sunseeker line of Class C's by Forest River, is almost identical to the Forrester line. It's like Winnebago versus Itaska, made by the same manufacturer, same production line, just trim and and a few features between the two lines. The Sunseeker is a few thousand less than the Forrester.

like all modern manufacturers, I wish they would spend a little more time and money on build quality. But, I really like our coach. It has had few items to fix, excellent wood work, lots of LED lights, etc., etc.

I had been in the Class A world since 2000. The move to a Class C was difficult, but I'm now happy we made the move.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
So, is this an RV question, or a marriage question?
๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You know, the saying around here is, Happy Wife, Happy Life.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

catsgalore
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1999 Fleetwood Southwind Storm class A motor home right now but my husband really likes the Forester by Forest River. The Fleetwood is paid for and I'm not 100% sure I want another loan.

firefighter33
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Forester 3051S with the super slide. We will have it for 2 years come December. We love it. We have used it once on a 2000 mile trip and many shorter trips. Only trouble we had was with a ruptured hydraulic line for the jacks which was repaired by the dealer. We have the entertainment center rather than the overhead bunks. We have the Ford 450 V10 chassis. Gas mileage is about 8.5 mpg not towing. We are just two people (occasionally a grand child) and we love it, would buy again.
Louisiana Firefighter 41 years, retired
๐Ÿ™‚ :)32' Forester by Forest River

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2015 2501 on a Chevy Chassis. We traded it off when the warrantee was up as we were tired of fighting with Camping World in Redding, CA. The Chevy part was ok, my wife liked the extra leg room on her side. We pulled a Jeep Wrangler and it did ok. One of the two slides was built out of square and no matter what adjustments CW did, it would not seal without cocking it sideways. I might consider another Forester after a much more detailed PDI. JH

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new 2016 Forester 3011DSF the last of April this year. The DSF stands for Double Slide on Ford chassis. E450 chassis and the V10 engine. Ours has the front entertainment center.

Have been looking to downsize from a Class A diesel pusher for about two years, now that it's just the two of us (and the four legged fur kids). Looked at most Class C's available and for whatever reason decided against most of them: Outside storage, Inside storage, Cost, amenities, some other personal issues.

Had the rig out for approx 30 nights this past summer (5 trips) and it has been an absolute joy. Drives great (good power, handling). Did install a Roadmaster Reflex steering stablizer. Went from good to great. Also makes a flat tire much safer (hope I never have to prove this ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Quality is good, price was good, dealer was good, all seems to be good. Would buy it again without hesitation.

If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF