cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

From diesel to gas.

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone gone from a diesel rig to a gasser. If so, were you sorry?

I went from gasser to diesel and have not regretted it other than the cost of Maintenance.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
24 REPLIES 24

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
We went from a small Class C gasser to a DP to a Class A gasser and then to another Class A gasser. We loved the ride in the DP, but hated the floor plan and maintenance costs. We love the floor plan in both our current and former gassers, and since like most RV'ers, we spend far more time living in it than driving it, the ride and noise level doesn't bother us enough to consider another DP.

Almost our exact experience. Ford V10 is loud when you "step on it." Otherwise handles fine.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tow a GMC gas Envoy, with my diesel pusher. I'm happy with both. If I get rid of of my DP, I'll drive my Envoy.......or wheelchair....:B
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fiesta wrote:
What's the rush when your retired or on vacation?

Because I know that my time on earth is limited so why not spend it at my destination instead of behind the wheel. :B

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
Half the fun of RVing is seeing the scenery, going fast it's a blurr. Getting to the next park is only 1/2 hour longer getting there going 55-60; saves fuel, atmosphere, money, is safer, and more relaxed. What's the rush when your retired or on vacation?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had both and have never had any regrets going from gas to diesel or diesel to gas. I've got a few thousand miles behind the wheel of a Liberty Prevost coach so I know what a DP should be. Most DP have a rear engine but they are a long way from being a Prevost. I switch based on the floor plan that we want at the time. We currently have a gas rig but if we find another design in a few months that we like, we may switch again.
We have always made it to the top of any Western mountain while towing with any coach we have owned. We pass some DP's and some pass us, just like on the highway. I travel at the posted speed limit and we are constantly passing other coaches going 55-60 to save fuel. Saving fuel was not the reason why I bought an RV. It was just to get from A to B and enjoy our time at the next location when parked. That is why the floor plan has always been the most important thing with each one of our Class A coaches. If the floor plan doesn't work, the engine is useless.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went from a small Class C gasser to a DP to a Class A gasser and then to another Class A gasser. We loved the ride in the DP, but hated the floor plan and maintenance costs. We love the floor plan in both our current and former gassers, and since like most RV'ers, we spend far more time living in it than driving it, the ride and noise level doesn't bother us enough to consider another DP.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I went from a diesel 3/4 ton tv to a 1 ton v10 gasser and regretted it big time! Not much later went back to diesel.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Recent similar discussion here.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
We went from gas to diesel and then to diesel. Definitely no regret!
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima