cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Tire alignment failure

mexicanpiloto13
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just got some new RV tires for our Monaco Dynasty, Goodyear G670s I think they are, and had them aligned by Purcells's Tire Truck place in Phoenix. The alignment wasn't that bad when I went in, but when leaving, the rig was pulling sharply to the right. I called them and they suspected I had "radial pull" since the alignment was right on.
They said to come back and they would switch the front tires and see if that wasn't better. It wasn't much. The rig still pulled to the right. I know some roads have a crown on them for drainage, but even long stretches of flat freeway, it would produce the movement to the right. They said come back in and we'll check the alignment, which I did. (80 mile drive from our home).
They found the alignment was off and redid the entire job, still pulling to the right when I left. They were now talking of swapping the rear duals to the front and I gave up. I told them nothing seems to be working. Last time Spectrac did it, in Mesa, and did a super job. Is radial pull that big an issue or could their calibrations be off? Thanks for your thoughts!!
22 REPLIES 22

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Spectrac is the best in the country. I have mine checked each year we return to Mesa. It's worth the drive to have them check it out. I bought my tires from Redburn.....Dennis

I used to say that about Spectrac until I brought it to them in September for a thrust alignment & they didn't see the broken welds. We fixed that in my shop last week.

I cured my "Radial Pull" this week. It pulled left so I swapped the steers then it pulled right. Swapped them again & it pulled left. Took it to Redburn & had them break down two drive tires and put them on the steers. Problem solved.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Spectrac is the best in the country. I have mine checked each year we return to Mesa. It's worth the drive to have them check it out. I bought my tires from Redburn.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a steering stabalizer on the front? Is that aligned right? We had a stabalizer installed and it pulled badly to the right, took 3 times for the shop to get it adjust correctly so it didn't pull.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I last had readial pull about 35 years ago. I don't think it's very common.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Could be the right front brake dragging.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Did they do a 4 wheel Thrust Angle alignment? I would bet the rear end is not sitting square in the chassis causing it to push to the left causing the coach to go to the right. Otherwise known as "dog tracking".

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Radial pull can occur but it's not very common. If it was a radial pull it should have changed to the other direction when they swapped the two front tires side to side. You said you put new tires on. Did you notice the pull between the tire shop and the alignment shop?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
They didn't align rig correctly. Get spec for your chassis and find another shop. Send bill to Purcell's!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker