cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel Locations in ME, NH, VT

pee-paw
Explorer
Explorer
So, I don't see Flying Js or Super Walmarts much in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. What are the best fuel places for motorhomes(plenty of room) in these states?
2009 Bounder 35H
2011 CRV Toad
8 REPLIES 8

RVROSE
Explorer
Explorer
We've had too many close calls in many gas stations. Now we have developed a sixth-sense and do as Jerseyjim just said. Before you go in, you look to see if you can get out! Many times there are exit routes that take you around the back so you have to circle the station. Those routs are sometimes very bumpy, narrow, and undesirable but you use them if you must. While I pump the gas, sometimes DW gets out and scouts the environs to find the best way out and has been known to stand her ground so that some motorist cannot block our exit.

We've had trouble at some Flying J stops at the RV pumps, requiring tight turns, parked cars, heavy pump traffic, and delivery trucks. Sometimes a stop for refueling can take an hour or more. It's best to just be patient and chalk it up as a new experience.
2005 Kountry Star with a 4 cyl. Saturn Vue with stick shift.
Mike and Rose and Pepper, our All-American black lap dog.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Can't always get gas in a big, spread-out station. When I'm in that predicament, I simply make a very fast judgement call....what I call an "escape route" (I can see getting in, but how to I get out?)and of course, the height of the roof over the pumps.
I prefer pumps that are parallel to the road, but then,sometimes y'gotta do what y'gotta do.

C_J1
Explorer
Explorer
Dysart's in Hermon, Maine, just south of Bangor on 95. While you're there check out the restaurant--some great Maine cooking!
2011 Itasca Sunova 33C

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feel like you are limited to truck stops. There are plenty of service stations that can handle a motor home. Remember, an 18 wheeler most likely delivered the fuel to that location, a motor home should be able to be accomodated. Use the satelite mode of one of the many map programs to check out an unfamiliar location.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
There is a big TA truck stop in Portsmouth, NH, just before the Maine border. In Bangor there are lots of truck stops.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

vegasfoodguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use GAS BUDDY, DAT, etc apps on phone.
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Vermont truck stops

Maine truck stops

None listed for New Hampshire.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
In Maine I use the service areas, N.H. on rt16 are several easy in and out right on the road, even with a toad.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"