cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Roadtrek

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Today my Roadtrek drove away without me.

After much thought, I decided(for the second time), that I have to give up my motor home. Health problems just will not let me continue to enjoy my favorite hobby any longer.

So, I had to watch the new young owner drive my motor home away. He had a big smile on his face.

It is a sad day for me.
16 REPLIES 16

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
bsinmich wrote:
I am looking at a Roadtrek now. My Mountain Aire has 6 steps up and that is my problem now. A neighbor in the condos where I live has one for sale and I think it will be mine soon. I always said to sell the old one first but so far I have done it with boats and 3 motorhomes to own 2 at a time. Slow Learner.

It is mine now.

Congratulations!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
I am looking at a Roadtrek now. My Mountain Aire has 6 steps up and that is my problem now. A neighbor in the condos where I live has one for sale and I think it will be mine soon. I always said to sell the old one first but so far I have done it with boats and 3 motorhomes to own 2 at a time. Slow Learner.

It is mine now.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
And please continue to participate in this forum. You have volumes of knowledge to pass on to others.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
bar_20 wrote:
Hopefully you will meet up with your RT again in the great RV park in the sky.

And when you do "meet" it again, surely it will have long ago become eligible for historic tags. 🙂

Cheers

bar_20
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss! Hopefully you will meet up with your RT again in the great RV park in the sky.
Steve & Donalee
2007 Roadtrek RS-Adventurous
2011 KIA Sportage SX
1999 Jaguar XK8 convertible
1948 MG TC
2005 PT Cruiser convertible Toad

Hpymils
Explorer
Explorer
We sold our Roadtrek in April. Still keep a picture of in on the home screen on our computer.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
nbking

I join with others to extend our best wishes for you and your family. You have contributed a lot to this forum so we all are grateful. Perhaps you can again go camping. ol' yeller said it right.

Blessings
AL

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
A year ago I also had the same sad day as I watched our Cougar trailer leave our storage spot for the last time. It was a double whammy as a few days later I watched my beloved F250 leave my driveway with someone else behind the wheel. My loss was also due to health issues. The good news is that now, a year later we are actively in the hunt for a nice Class C that will be easier to care for than our last setup. My health has improved enough that I feel I can do what is needed to setup and maintain the new rig. I know the feeling you are having right now and I also know it is not a good one.

Cherish those times you enjoyed in your rig over the years and take solace in the knowledge that you did the right thing.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I pray your health improves to the point that you get another.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Life is filled with twists and turns, and changes of direction. I hope you find something new to take up that will fill your life with fresh joy.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Passing the tradition on to the next generation is what you did. Enjoy your memories and rejoice in the new memories you have allowed to be created for the new owner.

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
I can certainly understand how you feel. Hopefully, something else in life will take its place.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for you feeling sad. I am sure the new owners will have as much fun as you have had.