cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hankook AH11 245/75-19.5

Irish_Wake
Explorer
Explorer
I've read great things about the Hankook brand of tires as a replacement for Goodyear, Michelin, etc I have a 1999 Winnebago Adventurer 32J 245/75-19.5
The tires have a date code of 08 2013 BUT they are stamped made in China.
Are these the same tires that everyone is having such good luck with?
I'm worried I got junk Chinese tires.
11 REPLIES 11

Irish_Wake
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone thanks for the replies. So are these Hankook tires that y'all are putting on your RV's all made in China?
Thanks

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We put 6 new Hankook's on our 2005 Georgie Boy and couldn't be happier. Great
tire. Last spring put 4 new Hankook's on our toad.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tell the dealer you want a reduction in price or a closer date tire. Inform him that you have an RV and replace tires after 5 years to avoid blowouts/ tread separation.

you have lost about 15% of the time on the tire already so you should get a comparable reduction or tires made with 6 - 8 weeks or so. Let someone else take the older rubber if he will not reduce the price
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Hjudge49
Explorer
Explorer
I just removed a set of Hankook's from my 3/4 ton Chevy Diesel pickup. They had about 50K miles on them and about 1/3 of the tread left, but they were an "off-road" type tire and I needed more open tread style for pulling in muddy conditions. I was happy with them UNTIL we took them off. The passenger side steer tire had two place on the inside bead/sidewall that had seperated, were bulging and looked like they were about to blow. as a result, the steel belts in the tire had eroded the rim of the wheel enough that it required replacement. Needless to say, Hankooks are no longer on my list of tires to consider.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, Hankook a Korean company make tires in China. My 11R22.5 Hankook were made in China and my 315/80/22.5 Firestone were made in the USA. No way would I buy Goodyear or Michelin.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Irish_Wake
Explorer
Explorer
So I shouldn't worry about the "Made in China" thing?
Is everyone's AH11 in the 19.5 size manufactured there?
Thanks

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
If your replacing the existing Goodyear tires with Hankock AH-11's, your really going to notice the improvement in handling. I've had mine for 3 years now, and still love them.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
My 22.5 Firestones were stamped "Made in the USA"
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

keepingthelight
Explorer
Explorer
Hankook makes a good tire for your RV. My concern is that your tires are already ten months old.

Good luck;)
05 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH w/4 slides
CAT C7 350+ HP MP-8, Aero Muffler, AFE Filter
06 HHR LT Toad
Ready Brute Elite

Irish_Wake
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Most tires are now made in China including most of the top brands. Michelin even makes tires in China but so fa not for the U.S. market

By the way I just got some Sampson's 19.5 and they have a July 2013 date and are made in Mexico.
It is not where a tire is made it is the amount of oversight the tire company exerts on the manufacturer.

Yours were made in March 2013.

Thanks for the reply So a code of 0813 is March 2013?

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most tires are now made in China including most of the top brands. Michelin even makes tires in China but so fa not for the U.S. market

By the way I just got some Sampson's 19.5 and they have a July 2013 date and are made in Mexico.
It is not where a tire is made it is the amount of oversight the tire company exerts on the manufacturer.

Yours were made in March 2013.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!