cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headlight aiming

tennille
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. I have an 06 Fleetwood Bounder 38n. I recently changed out he old hazed and yellowed headlights with new identical housings. Great light output now but one is aimed to low and one way to high. I don't see any conventional adjustment screws only the bolts holding it to the metal frame. Curious if anyone has come across a method to change the direction of the lights. Thanks in advance.
Scott and Robin
Kathryn
3 REPLIES 3

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the headlights on my 2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V. They came from a Ford
Windstar van. The three screws that attached the headlight assembly to the frame are also the screws used to adjust the aim. don't know if yours are like that or not.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
tennille wrote:
Hello all. I have an 06 Fleetwood Bounder 38n. I recently changed out he old hazed and yellowed headlights with new identical housings. Great light output now but one is aimed to low and one way to high. I don't see any conventional adjustment screws only the bolts holding it to the metal frame. Curious if anyone has come across a method to change the direction of the lights. Thanks in advance.

My Holiday Rambler has the headlight assembly bolted to the fiberglass front cap with no adjustment screws. I used tapered wood shims between the headlight assembly and the front cap. Just loosen the mount bolts as needed, insert the shims, and tighten the bolts. It's a trial and error method but it's worked well for years.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Mine have rods with tiny hex heads that allow for adjusting. I'd look for something like that.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually