cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heater door came off on this trip!

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled in for fuel and noted that my hot water heater door was missing and must have blown off on the interstate. Has anyone had this problem and where did you get a replacement. I'm sure I can call Newmar to get one, but are they a standard size for replacement?
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
14 REPLIES 14

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I just found a replacement door and frame ( don't sell door alone) $59.00. I will have it painted in the spring when I get home!!!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
imgoin4it wrote:
Usually pretty inexpensive to buy but wait until you get it painted to match you rv. Especially if it has 2 or 3 colors. I drilled a tiny hole and put a stainless steel screw right at the top of the keeper hole. That way the keeper can break and the door will still be in place.

On the advice of another Newmar owner, I did the exact same thing with mine. Didn't want to go through all of that hassle of having to have a replacement cover painted to match.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Called Newmar, got a replacement, then took it to a good paint shop and had it painted. Now I keep a small locking device on the door that prevents it from coming off.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Lost mine last trip. Camping World had it in stock. Had to buy the whole frame unit and just used the cover itself.
$59 for 6 gal size. Comes in plain white so I will have to have painted. Figure I got off easy at that price for my mistake of not checking it.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
We went on a 1500 mile trip and 200 miles into it, I noticed ours had come off. The covers are cheap and easy to get. Painting them is the issue. Just for the heck of it, I checked the freeway near my house when we got home. I found it laying in the gutter of the on ramp with no damage.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
I lost my side vent cover off the fridge the same way. This is now another check off item on the pre-drive walk around.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Usually pretty inexpensive to buy but wait until you get it painted to match you rv. Especially if it has 2 or 3 colors. I drilled a tiny hole and put a stainless steel screw right at the top of the keeper hole. That way the keeper can break and the door will still be in place.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Suburban or Atwood?

Shop on-line for one that is for your Brand/Model.
Atwood doesn't fit Suburban or vice versa.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
That is an item I check on my walk around inspection before pulling out on a trip or campground. I lost one several years ago and a local dealer had a replacement. I did have to have the graphics added.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have 2 brands. Atwood and Suburban. Atwood you can buy just the door. Suburban you have to buy thedoor and mount frame. Bad news is they both come in white. You probably have a full paint motorhome, so you will have to have it painted if white does not suit you. ANY RV supply or online will have it. If you go thru Newmar it will NOT come painted. Make sure you get the model number as they come in 6 and 10 gallon on both brands. Doug

Branson_in_Tucs
Explorer
Explorer
Can buy on line. How ever pure white.

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
So, that was your water heater acces panel that I pulled out of my radiator?

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

jlrobison2
Explorer
Explorer
Before you go to locate one . Check if you still have the keeper at the top, which includes the spring .

TomB_
Explorer
Explorer
I saw replacement covers at the last camping world I was in.