cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Tradewinds. All at once the overhead fans and stereo (radio) quit working. Can't find where the fuse is located. Its not in the compartment with the rest of the fuses in the compartment over the left front wheel.and why would both of them quit at once. Is there some connection?
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
11 REPLIES 11

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Found the problem. It was a burned fuse. The fuse panel for the front of the coach was in the far rear basement compartment with the inverter. The overhead fan on the passengers side froze up and blew the fuse controlling the fans and the Surround sound.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
My radio will play until I turn on the overhead fans then it shuts off the radio. and the surround sound doesn't work. Must be a short between the fans switch
and the radio switch.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

conceptumator
Explorer
Explorer
Something similar happened to me. Strange as it sounds, the issue was a bad coach battery. Disconnected the bad battery and hooked up with just one battery - all was OK.

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
My 04 T winds had light problems, turned out to be ground problem. A quick test is to run a ground wire (negative side) from the house or chassis batteries to the fan shroud with an aligator clip if it works you have ground issues.
The tech who sorted this out for me explained that there is a great deal of fiberglass/plastics on front caps and not a lot of metal, ground failure is a common problem.
If this doesn't work I agree it's back to fuses which should be under the drivers feet in the outside access panel. These are labeled at least they were on my coach.

Good Luck
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

jeepin
Explorer
Explorer
I had a '98 Tradewinds and there was a panel just to the left of the drivers set under the window, there where two panels my fuse box was behind the rear panel, that panel controlled most of the automotive type equipment. Hope this helps
Jim & Kim & Tugger (the 4 legged kid)
2010 Newmar Ventana 4333
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
There is a fuse for "RADIO MUMORY" I even changed that one in hopes. There is one for TV also but TV is ok.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds as though you have checked the interior fuse panel for the chassis.

Is there another fuse panel under the hood, in the engine compartment ?
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Probably on chassis accessory instead of coach systems. Check Chassis fuses.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I should rephrase that. Stereo and fans over windshield. Not a ceiling fan.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
I am not familiar with your motorhome, but I have a mixture of fuses and circuit breakers. Being as it dropped power on more than one fixture, I would think about checking to see if a circuit breaker is thrown.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for the 12 volt fuses at your converter distribution panel.