Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Rambler Atlantis Slide Locks

Capn_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gang,

I have a new to me 2002 Holiday Rambler Atlantis. The unit has been well maintained, I even got an owners manual. The manual says there are slide locks that have to be released to extend the slides. I have looked all over and for the life of me I can't find them.

Does anyone know for sure if there are slide locks, or is the manual basically generic.
I tried to move them out by hand and they don't move. This was just out of curiosity
Thanks for any help

Dave
8 REPLIES 8

LI-Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful to look for them. I wouldn't want to open the slide with them in place. On my MH they are located inside the coach on top of the slide - not on the sides as shown in the picture above. I drove a Class A (GeorgeTown) with the slide locks on top also. A Jayco MH I am buying has the slide locks on top also. If the manufacturer recommends the locks, I would use them. When the slides are out, I place the locks on the driver's seat so I don't forget to put them back on and close the slide before driving. I know I can start my engine and drive with the slide out! Many MH's do not allow you to do this. I learned something today- the locks are for keeping the seals tight so water stays out. I thought they were used to prevent the slide from opening. Good luck in your search.
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
Sold 2004 Jayco 27DS MH
Wherever you go, there you are!!

Capn_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Holiday I sent it to the wrong person it should be there now.

Thanks
Dave

Holiday27
Explorer
Explorer
Capn_ Dave not seeing any PM.
2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent:(
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westfalia (water cooled)

Capn_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Holiday27 wrote:
My HR didn't come with them either so I suspect the manual is generic.

Hey Holiday 27 check your private messages..

Holiday27
Explorer
Explorer
My HR didn't come with them either so I suspect the manual is generic.
2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent:(
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westfalia (water cooled)

TippleUnduly
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure those are the slide locks referred to. I had several inside the used BTCruiser I bought, but found them difficult to set up and remove. Instead bought slide clamps at Harbor Freight that have a pistol grip you can easily squeeze to expand and a button to push to compress them. ...cheap, too. I recommend them. Feel more secure knowing they are on the job!
Bill K

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
This is probably the kind of slide lock they're referring to. Their purpose is often misunderstood to be to keep slides from extending while traveling but their real value is to keep positive pressure on the slide seals to prevent water intrusion while driving in the rain.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
This is just a guess but it could be referring to a short adjustable bar that can be placed on interior of slide edge for travel. I recently saw a TT that had this setup. Apparently, there is some controversy as to whether the bar is needed. It is supposed to prevent slide from accidentally deploying in transit. Have never used one nor heard of a slide deploying by itself.
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system