cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I safely store linens

bluebarry1964b
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to keep our bedding, towels, etc, with the RV when it's in an outdoor storage yard. However, I'm worried about critters, stale smell, etc, getting into the linens. I thought about vacuum bags, but they never seem to stay sealed after a few months. Has anybody successfully stowed linens in an RV that is not heated/ air conditioned for months at a time?
13 REPLIES 13

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I have 3 French Maids, you can imagine the rest!! WE spring clean with Clorox spray, hate dryer sheets, bad for environment along with sweeper sheets, mopping sheets.

Do ghosts sheets get dirty?

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
My advice: Buy better suck bags! The cheap ones won't hold up (think Harbor Freight) but the better ones will. Home Depot sells some pretty good ones but they are about $5 each....Dennis
+1 I have a couple of sleeping bags in one now for 2 years still hoding
2009 Challenger

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Ours stay in all the time and have never smelled bad.

Same with us. I used to carry an extra set of sheets, but find it to be unnecessary. We either wash during the trip, when a long one, and put them back on, or for short trips, wash when we get home. As for towels, no problem with odor.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

bluebarry1964b
Explorer
Explorer
Great advice, as always guys, thanks!! I'll put dryer sheets in several areas of the MH to keep the air inside smelling nice. Because we're in S.Florida, I think I'd better not leave the linen loose because of the humidity. However, I'll try the Home Depot vacuum bags and see how I make out. It sure will save hauling a lot of "stuff" back and forth from the house to the MH every time we want to go out for a few days. Thanks again!

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are just doing it all wrong. When you buy a Liberty, there is a button on the i-pad that says 'Laundress'.... you hit that button and it brings you to another screen {bedroom, bathroom or kitchen}... hit the appropriate button and a service person appears to take care of all the coach needs.

You do not require any vacuum bags..... the 'black-tie' dressed service person will cater to any need that the coach requires. Fresh linens, bathroom towels or kitchen towels are delivered at the touch of a button.

We can all dream can't we!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
My advice: Buy better suck bags! The cheap ones won't hold up (think Harbor Freight) but the better ones will. Home Depot sells some pretty good ones but they are about $5 each....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
You can still use the vacuum bags. Even though they may lose their vacuum, they'll still protect your linens. We use to keep extra linen stored in our previous coach for the guest bed. We used the vacuum bags for them and they still kept them sealed.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Outside storage, no problems here.

booty51
Explorer
Explorer
Same as polly sue no problems , indoor storage for us though!

polly_sue
Explorer
Explorer
Kept mine in the overhead cupboards over the window. Also kept table linens in that spot. No odor or problems while the MH was stored. Left/leave blankets and comforter on the bed.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We Cant Wait wrote:
We use dryer sheets for critters and smell. Use a scented sheet you like the smell of. Our MH smells mice and fresh every spring when I uncover it, and we leave linens in it all winter long.

"...mice and fresh..." Funny! Was that a Freudian slip?
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Ours stay in all the time and have never smelled bad.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
We use dryer sheets for critters and smell. Use a scented sheet you like the smell of. Our MH smells mice and fresh every spring when I uncover it, and we leave linens in it all winter long.