cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
You check the frequency with a frequency meter, or a digital meter capable of such.

A reed-type frequency meter is the least expensive but you might be able to find a digital meter with a scale sensitive enough (the Harbor Freight-type cheapie digital meter only reads 60 cycles at .06 kilocycles, which is not good enough).

The bf is an HVACR master, so he has a digital meter with a sensitive enough frequency scale built in.
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
ALnCORY wrote:
I have some tye-dye socks that my grand-daughters made me, they kind of go with my hawaiian shirts,,, does that count?

RVnoob,, I second Trish's comment about craigs list... check the rv section, there is stuff on there all the time, sometimes very good deals.

Only if you wear the socks with black leather sandals. ;0)

RVNoob: Check any used genny you look at to make sure it's making electricity. Trust me on this, gets expensive otherwise. Just because it runs doesn't mean it makes electricity.

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
I have some tye-dye socks that my grand-daughters made me, they kind of go with my hawaiian shirts,,, does that count?

RVnoob,, I second Trish's comment about craigs list... check the rv section, there is stuff on there all the time, sometimes very good deals.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Al... Mark...

Tat is so bad. In so many ways. I can't even begin to explain why you
should not wear a Nehru jacket with a Grateful Dead tye-dye. Also, you can't wear a Hawaiian shirt with a Nehru jacket.

Either combination will short circuit our brains.

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
ALnCORY wrote:
Call back to the boots comment,,,, I really liked Trish's boots,, they were stylin'..... if it wasn't for going to work I would wear jeans and oversized hawaiian shirts every day... kind of a comfort thing... now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

lol hurting... I'd have to get a Nehru jacket in there somewhere, and some tie-dyed T's too...

"Same Bat time- same Bat Channel!!"

"Thanks for the insurrection, and have an adequate day!"

Weaned calf to cow: "Thanks for the mammaries!"

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
RVnoob13 wrote:
Not to sound stupid, but where and how do I check the frequency. I know that the A/C does not work so I cant use that.

Would be nice if someone had one they could sell me, lol. I havent found one for less than $500.

Microwave. If you've got 2, try the large, then the small.
NO! Not at the same time.

Keep checking craigslist, A/C's come up often and cheaper every time.

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Call back to the boots comment,,,, I really liked Trish's boots,, they were stylin'..... if it wasn't for going to work I would wear jeans and oversized hawaiian shirts every day... kind of a comfort thing... now back to our regularly scheduled program.....
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

clockwork_oranj
Explorer
Explorer
RVnoob13 wrote:
Not to sound stupid, but where and how do I check the frequency. I know that the A/C does not work so I cant use that.

Would be nice if someone had one they could sell me, lol. I havent found one for less than $500.

Try a Kill a Watt energy monitor
http://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4400-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=...

Here's a link to your (great) pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomer5213/

Cricket_Sam
Explorer
Explorer

Sam
76 Dodge Leprechaun
Getting started.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
RVnoob13 wrote:
TWait, is there anyway to check the generator to make sure it is doing 'everything' it is supposed to be doing?

Yeah, you want the output to be 110v (it might be 105-130v, that's okay) at 60 Hz. The frequency is more important. If it's not 60 Hz, there's a screw to adjust it somewhere on it to get it there. Ours is an Onan so I can't tell you where.

Oh, and check it under load, like the AC.

Cricket_Sam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

I got the generator running today. Still needs some more time to finish getting all the old gas out though.

I did check the propane tank today also. The valve leaks seems to be gone when I completely open the valve and make it a little tighter than I am comfortable with. But I dont think its leaking after that.

So, I got a few things done today. Now I get to start on some of the other things. Like Checking the gas lines, water pump, frig and water heater. I think I will wait for the furnace until last.

If anyone has any suggestions on the gas lines, or the rest of the stuff to check out, or might know of something that is a known problem please let me know.

Thanks again for everyones comments and help. Trying my best to not get discouraged. Lol.

Wait, is there anyway to check the generator to make sure it is doing 'everything' it is supposed to be doing?

BTW, I added a couple pics of previous camp setups from 2 of my race weekends in Charlotte if anyone wants to see them. Sorry, but I dont know how to post a link to the page on here.

Sam
76 Dodge Leprechaun
Getting started.

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trish Davis wrote:
Mark. My dear. You know I would never dis on you.
Eff'n pink's yer thing, go for it.
After all, I wear leopard work boots, who'd listen to me? ;0)

Trish,

See why I love ya like I do? hee hee...
Ya gots GOOD taste, dat's why. While I'm
not even remotely "metrosexual" I am literally
Liberace minus the gay part. If that can
be imagined...

Just a natty dresser, I spoze...
But then, Cary Grant was too.

your silly friend

marky

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
RVnoob13 wrote:

Bugger, page keeps saying the url is "wrong" ...?
Want to see.

Mark. My dear. You know I would never dis on you.
Eff'n pink's yer thing, go for it.
After all, I wear leopard work boots, who'd listen to me? ;0)

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a nice starting point there for $1500. Nice score.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty nice-looking rig!