cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Chinook-440,
Looks like it was a fun trip... you dog seems to be having a great time. Nice looking rig also.
A.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

chinook440
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help leeann , i think i understand it now .

The roof was like that when i bought it , but it was,nt to extend the roof as these chinooks had a raised step on the roof from the factory but it would have been just all figerglass.
It,s just a covering that the p.o. added either to repair some damage or perhaps to reinforce the roof to walk on ?

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/Fabrekator/chinook%20in%20michigan/?albumview=slideshow

^ there, clickable.

You just need to add bracket URL bracket

Nice pics, by the way - did you add the metal roof extension on top? Good work...
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

chinook440
Explorer
Explorer
It,s great to see all the work being done to all the rigs on here!!!

I made a little slide show of my recent trip to michigan in my little old dodge if anyone cares to check it out. You may or may not have to copy and paste into your browser as this site confuses me as
well :h

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/Fabrekator/chinook%20in%20michigan/?albumview=slideshow

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
UKdodge wrote:
Weird, all seems to be working now. Maybe it's me.. Are anti-hallucinations when you don't see things that are really there??:S

Yep, UKdodge, that's it. I've even had the pleasure of confirming
their molecular density and base gravitational pull when I've RAN into them. Then it's called an "anti-collision". It has something to do with the neutrino and smithereen theory, I surmise... lol!

Mark

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Your hosting service might have had a blip...it happens ๐Ÿ˜‰

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Weird, all seems to be working now. Maybe it's me.. Are anti-hallucinations when you don't see things that are really there??:S

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
UKdodge wrote:
I keep posting photos and they appear normally immediately after I post them. When I go back later they have disappeared even though the linl in the post is correct... Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

What hosting service are you using? I'm too lazy to look :B

chaserooooo69
Explorer
Explorer
it'll be a long practice luckily i'll have all winter to fix them, i've dug into the dash and so far it looks like its going to be a mess, there's cut wires from a prev owner and i do still have the old tube style fuses, i'm going to switch it over to a more modern fuse box out of a donor junk yard vehicle. I figure worst case scenario is i replace all the stock guages with aftermarket, as fro advance or autozone, I wish we had them up here, but Oreilly's is the only similiar store since they took over Checkers,

Trish_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
chaserooooo69 wrote:
its titled as a 79 but sits on a 78 frame & I'm the third owner ...Now i just have to figure out how to get all the dash guages working, since all i have right now is the mechanical speedo working, but she cruises at 70 down the road.

Gauges are mostly grounds. Go slow, be prepared to replace wires as needed.

Do you have old style tube fuses or the new square ones? My 210 has the old ones. If you can't find them in a parts sore, buddy up the guys at Auto Z or Advanced --they have been clearing out their stocks.

Look on top of the trans for the speedo-whatzit and clean it off gently with a brass brush. Die-electric grease won't hurt it and will get rid of a lot of road dirt.

Nifty Travco. I like it. :0)

UKdodge
Explorer
Explorer
I keep posting photos and they appear normally immediately after I post them. When I go back later they have disappeared even though the linl in the post is correct... Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

chaserooooo69
Explorer
Explorer
its titled as a 79 but sits on a 78 frame according to the vin, and its the 320 model, From the service records that was included with it, i'm the third owner and its been all over the country from Arizona to Florida and back to North Dakota. Now i just have to figure out how to get all the dash guages working, since all i have right now is the mechanical speedo working, but she cruises at 70 down the road.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet!

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chaserooooo69,

That's one sharp Travco- What year/model? Probably
post 1975 and at least a 270... The storage box behind
the front bumper is a really unusual but neat idea.

Mark

Jer_Ger
Explorer
Explorer
Really lookin' good!!!!!
Jerry & Gerry, our pets (dogs), Byron, Coco
1976 Monaco, 440 ci. Dodge Sportsman chassis