cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to inflate to 110 psi....

sloman2001
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I know it sounds stupid, but I am unable to add air to my tires using the aux air connection from the MH. I need 110psi, but I think the cut-in/cut-out psi will not allow me to add air as the pressure is not high enough in the MH. Maybe I need to give it more time, but how long does it take any of you to add 6 lbs of pressure (to go from 104 psi to 110 psi),

How do you guys add air to your tires that need 110 psi? I have even tried a separate compressor that is suppose to go to 125 psi, but I can't get any air into them using that. Do I need to buy a separate larger compressor? As a newbie, this is one challenge I did not expect.

Thanks, Tom
23 REPLIES 23

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Even Costco or truck tire stores truckstops etc.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
deandec wrote:
I acquired a used Craftsman 6 gallon pancake compressor on Craigs List.

Its maximum is 150 psi.

I could then pump 115 psi into my front tires, which they required.

Recently I increased the tire size of the front tires which reduced the required pressure to 100 Psi. I can do that with the onboard compressor.

BINGO!! Same deal here Dean
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
sloman2001 wrote:
OK, I know it sounds stupid, but I am unable to add air to my tires using the aux air connection from the MH. I need 110psi, but I think the cut-in/cut-out psi will not allow me to add air as the pressure is not high enough in the MH. Maybe I need to give it more time, but how long does it take any of you to add 6 lbs of pressure (to go from 104 psi to 110 psi),

How do you guys add air to your tires that need 110 psi? I have even tried a separate compressor that is suppose to go to 125 psi, but I can't get any air into them using that. Do I need to buy a separate larger compressor? As a newbie, this is one challenge I did not expect.

Thanks, Tom

I carry onboard a pancake style compressor that will go to 150 PSI. I heard every yahoo explanation on what to do to get my own coach to pump out 120 psi...and bottom line is...it dont do it.

Get a smaller style that goes to at least 150 PSI
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
I acquired a used Craftsman 6 gallon pancake compressor on Craigs List.

Its maximum is 150 psi.

I could then pump 115 psi into my front tires, which they required.

Recently I increased the tire size of the front tires which reduced the required pressure to 100 Psi. I can do that with the onboard compressor.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
your best Bet is a Truck stop or Tire business near your home.

most place's will do it for free.

if there not busy!
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

sloman2001
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe that's my problem, not waiting long enough or not having the system cycle on. How long would it take all of you to add 6 lbs of psi?

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Double post
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Are you SURE you're not getting air in? Do you have a gauge on the dash or compressor? When there is only a 10psi difference it's going to take awhile. And you won't hear it like you do dumping air into a 30psi tire with 120psi at the compressor. Hopefully yours clamps on the valve, because that's allot of volume to fill slowly
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm able to get 110 using the on board compressor. It helps to have a second person in the driver's seat watching the air pressure telling you when to stop airing and to apply the brakes to get the compressor to start pumping. When the pressure gets to 110 you start airing until it drops back to 110. Then applying the brakes several times to get the compressor to start pumping at high idle and usually two cycles will do it. Since it's the front tires and I have a chuck that stays on I do it by myself.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...