cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Owners

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting closer to pulling the trigger on an A, thought we had wrapped up our decision but we are now questioning it as we get closer to our buy date.

That said, we really like the Hurricane floorplans, namely the 32N and 34J bunkhouse.

Any owners of either model, or any other late model Hurricane, care to provide their experiences? FWIW, it seems the Hurricane owners are pretty pleased with their purchases based on posts here and at the Thor Owners Forum.

Thanks.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad
12 REPLIES 12

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
If we go new, we will likely order the bunk model since the bunk can be lowered and the area repurposed as a closet, or sofa.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
If you are ordering one, get it without carpet!
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

VinCee
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear so many positive responses from Hurricane owners!

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
07 34B bunk model here. No real issues, it's been great.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

OldDoggy
Explorer
Explorer

2004 30Q Hurricane, we are very happy with it. We have traveled almost 20,000 miles since purchased in '13. Just the right size for the two of us. Just Another Old Doggy, Don

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 Hurricane 31D, second owner. About to start our fifth summer. Coach was never let us down. Wouldn't think twice driving the rig coast to coast.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

bass_n_bob
Explorer
Explorer
we had a 2011 Hurricane bunk house and had no problems. Drove it over 30,000 miles in 2 1/2 years. Pulled my 4 door Wrangler like a dream. Upgraded this year to a DP which has a ton of new stuff I have to learn. Hurricane being a gasser was a snap. We did add a steering stabilizer which helped control and weep hole covers which made it a little quieter.
Good luck with your purchase.

JLG44
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 Hurricane and are very happy with it.

phnguyk
Explorer
Explorer
'08 Hurricane here. Love it, issue free.

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
VinCee wrote:
I don't own a Hurricane or Thor but you may want to look at Georgetowns 351 bunk model. Owners on the Forest River Forum, Georgetown, loves their rigs. I would think you would get more standard features like a fiberglass roof and electric windshield privacy shade for about the same money.

Forest River is on the short list. The neat thing about the bunk on the Hurricane is that the top bunk drops turning the space into a sofa. Also, the Hurricane has a king bed vs a queen for the 351.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Beacher
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2014 Hurricane 34E. It's not quite one of the floorplans that you are looking at. However, it's been a great motorhome this past year! A whole lot of carefree fun, and a lot of miles. No chassis or mechanical issues, all appliances work fine. The fit and finish are great.

I picked it up in Florida and drove it across the U.S.A. to California for it's maiden voyage/shakedown tour.

The only big things repaired under warranty were not show-stoppers, but inconveniences. The entry step sheared it's main sprocket bolt within 24hours of ownership while at Fort Wilderness/Disneyworld. And, six months later the slide mechanism for the drop down overhead bunk was replaced. My coach spent a total of 72 hours out of my possession for all warranty work performed, (ultimately included a new porch light bulb, another set of keys, Thor Brand Logo jewel sticker, air mattress, privacy curtains, vent fan motor).

This past year in CA, it's been everywhere in the state from the Eastern High Sierras and Yosemite, (though Tioga Pass), the Angelus Forest, Death Valley, the Anza Borrego Desert, and every beach between Tijuana Mexico and Santa Cruz, CA. I tow a Toyota Prius with an ACME tow dolly, and I really can't feel it back there. I go slow up and down the "hills" 9,500 above sea level.

VinCee
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a Hurricane or Thor but you may want to look at Georgetowns 351 bunk model. Owners on the Forest River Forum, Georgetown, loves their rigs. I would think you would get more standard features like a fiberglass roof and electric windshield privacy shade for about the same money.