cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink on Ultra Leather sofa

slyone
Explorer
Explorer
Help! Our granddaughter got ballpoint ink on our ultra leather sofa in our Adventurer. I've tried everything to get it out and nothing is working. Tried leather cleaner,alcohol, hairspray,soft scrub,Mr.Clean magic eraser,shaving cream and vinegar. Does anyone know of something to get this ink out? I would greatly appreciate any advise on this.
Steve& Linda Young
Winnebago 2012 Adventurer 35P
11 REPLIES 11

ralbert3
Explorer
Explorer
Try OOPS. Found product in small hardware store. My wife was sick until she was able to remove stain. Rob
2007 Allegro Bus
2012 Equinox

Louandsal
Explorer
Explorer
I had paint on leather furniture and olive oil took it off immediately. Might be worth a try for ink......

slyone
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for all your help.
Steve& Linda Young
Winnebago 2012 Adventurer 35P

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I had ballpoint ink on my Ultraleather and was able to remove it with rubbing alcohol. It took a lot of rubbing, and there was a faint line there when I was done, but the next day, it had faded away completely.

Of course, your ink may be different than mine.

Marc
Wellington, FL
2013 Entegra Anthem
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beware of anything with petroleum distillates or organic solvents like acetone or ketones. Lacquer thinner, for example, might remove ballpoint ink depending on ink formula, but will like dissolve you plastic upholstery. I wouldn't use anything stronger than ethel or propyl alcohol, if a detergent fails to work.

We learn to live with those marks, stains, and scratches that are memorials to children, grandchildren, or even siblings and spouses. Nothing stays new forever.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N wrote:
FWIW, ultra-leather is not leather, it is a synthetic plastic.

From ultra-leather's website.

http://www.ultrafabricsllc.com/page/cleaning/

General Cleaning Guidelines

One of the best ways to keep Ultrafabrics, LLC brand surfaces looking great is to properly maintain them by cleaning regularly to prevent excessive dirt from accumulating. Below is a general outline to help you keep your quality Ultrafabrics brand products looking their best.

Following these guidelines will help to extend the life of the fabric:

Clean regularly with soap and water
Wipe up spills as soon as they occur
Remove stains with alcohol-based household cleaners
Clean/disinfect using a 5:1 water/bleach solution
Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with clean water
Air dry
Recommended for stubborn stains and/or mildew.

XXX222!!! Your Ultra Leather will melt if you use the wrong stuff on it. Follow their directions that Tom gave you!!! If those directions don't cut it, call them at 877.309.6648. Or if you don't, you may be weeping later!
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a janitorial cleaner called "oink" that will remove ink. We use it on synthetic plastic carpet fibers. If you try it, do it on a hidden spot on the sofa. But it pulls ink directly out of carpets.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

JDenPA
Explorer
Explorer
We used antibacterial hand sanitizer and it worked. The DW saw an article with helpfull hints. Grandchildren are great - most of the time.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, ultra-leather is not leather, it is a synthetic plastic.

From ultra-leather's website.

http://www.ultrafabricsllc.com/page/cleaning/

General Cleaning Guidelines

One of the best ways to keep Ultrafabrics, LLC brand surfaces looking great is to properly maintain them by cleaning regularly to prevent excessive dirt from accumulating. Below is a general outline to help you keep your quality Ultrafabrics brand products looking their best.

Following these guidelines will help to extend the life of the fabric:

Clean regularly with soap and water
Wipe up spills as soon as they occur
Remove stains with alcohol-based household cleaners
Clean/disinfect using a 5:1 water/bleach solution
Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with clean water
Air dry
Recommended for stubborn stains and/or mildew.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
White, not gel, toothpaste. Rub gently(the stain) and rinse as needed.

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
Amodex is a cream that removes ink stains and marks. You can get one ounce container on Amazon for $6.95. WD40 removes ink (even from vinyl doll faces), but I'd be scared to use it on upholstery. You could try it in a small hidden area (underside of a seat cushion?) to see if it leaves a mark.

We used Amodex to get ink off of leather car seats.

Amodex Ink & Stain Remover is a lanolin-based soap in a cream formula. There are no product ingredients listed other than lanolin. Amodex Ink & Stain Remover is a lanolin-based soap in a cream formula. There are no product ingredients listed other than lanolin. Lanolin is a non-toxic yellow, waxy substance secreted by the sebaceous glands of wool-bearing animals, usually sheep. It is often found in skin lotions and has industrial uses as a lubricant, emulsifier and water repellent.

Amodex is sold as a stain remover for any type of ink from fountain pen to stamp pads to whiteboard markers to permanent ink. It is also recommended for food stains, blood, crayon, lipstick and cosmetics, hair dye, tree sap, tar and most pet stains (doesn't work on cat urine). Amodex will not remove rust or mildew and mold stains. Not only can Amodex be used on all types of fabric in clothes and upholstery - including leather, it can also be used on laminate, wallpaper, linoleum, paint, plastic, wood, appliances and all types of countertops.

Elizabeth
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)