cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

HardyC
Explorer
Explorer
My Allstate policy is up for renewal for my RV (Gulfstream Mini Vista Cruiser 8231). I got a quote through Good Sam Insurance for an Allied policy that would be $150/year cheaper, $514 vs $664. Essentially the same coverage. Anyone have experience with Allied and/or suggestions. Rate seem about right for a year. I've read good and bad reviews about Allied, so looking for personal experience from users on this forum. Thanks!
Hardy Childers
2008 Vista Cruiser Mini 8231
5 REPLIES 5

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We've allied for about 4 years. 3 years on a TT and then the last year on our class c. We pay less Han $500 for our 2014 class c with them. GS quoted us initially through national general and they were twice as much. We have had no claims, so we can not attest to that. But Allied is a part of Nationwide insurance.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Horse_Doctor
Explorer
Explorer
I have Progressive and found they are great to work with if you have a claim. We had a coach window replaced and then that window failed 1 year later (it came out of the frame). Progressive stood behind the original claim and had it replaced again with no additional cost to us.
Michael and Mona Greenlee + TJ the wonder dog
2003 Bigfoot 29G
2012 F150 STX 4x4 toad

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will find good and bad reviews for any insurance carrier.
Need to see what is consistent as far as good and bad. i.e. good because they are cheap but bad because they don't handle claims well tells you more about them.

I recently changed to GMAC (now National General Insurance) for motorhome coverage but did find they were very competitive.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

derosacamp
Explorer
Explorer
My Allstate rep told me that Allstate does not have competitive rates for RV's and suggested I go elsewhere. I found that Good Sam and Progressive were very competitive.
Peter and Cindy
2006 Gulf Stream Ultra

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried AAA? I have a 31 ft. 2008 class c and the annual insurance is about $238, with multi vehicle discounts and home coverage.