cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance

WRBD88
Explorer
Explorer
Probably and old topic but I have not been on for a long time..would like to know the best bang for your buck on RV (Class A)Insurance.
Thank you in advance.
Wilma

2003 Monaco Lapalma 34'6"
Workhorse
2006 Saturn SUV Toad
Just us,no kids, no pets
Husband Ret. LTC AF
10 REPLIES 10

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Well Tom I'll bet you $100 that I could find you a better company with better rates if you've truely been with the same insurance company that long. Same rating or better company. Btw I don't sell insurance anymore.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
I'll add, one's credit rating plays a large part in determining ones insurance rates.

I have Erie insurance on everything. Have Erie with the same agency for 53 years and still counting. I never plan to change. The only insurance company and agency/agent I've ever had.

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Geico, but I had to do a lot of research on the web and phone calling for rates.

WRBD88
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your response...much appreciated.
Wilma

2003 Monaco Lapalma 34'6"
Workhorse
2006 Saturn SUV Toad
Just us,no kids, no pets
Husband Ret. LTC AF

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Shopping for insurance is like getting multiple teeth pulled without novacaine.
You can't compare with other people, you just have to make the calls.
And don't let 1 company give you rates of another, unless it's an agent licensed to sell for that company also. Like an Independant agent that works for multiple companies.
You should call the big boys like State Farm and a couple independant agencies.
There are also a couple independant agencies that specialize on full time rv'ers. They advertise in most rv magazines. Also a Google search for rv insurance should give you a multitude of contacts.
If the company best rates is unknown you can go to AM Best to see the companies financial status.
Former insurance agent, now retired and full timing in AZ.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One company you might want to check with is (Dang can not remember the name on my license) Primarica.. Warning, they are a bit like Amway in that they may want to recruit you as an agent.

but in most states they do not sell auto insurance.. BUT they used to have a tool (online) where you could enter your stats and they would shop several companies for you and give you comparative rates.

Also, if you belong to FMCA or Escapees or any other RV origination, they may hae a package deal for you too.

NOT: I am no longer affilated with Primarica, and even if I was, I would not benefit in any way from your contacting them.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
delete
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many varibles it is difficult to compare. Age, area, amount of insurance, liability, replacement or not. List goes on and on. You really have to get quotes. I have GS insurance.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are in Thousand Islands and still have an S&B the best deal was from State Farm.

We can drop the liability portion on our 2 cars in the winter without turning in the plates. Having the Homeowners, cars and MH with them really lowered the total premium. Being able to go to fire, theft on the cars easily was very helpful I can restart using the car with a quick phone call to State Farm then I am ready to go.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The insurance company that gives you the best quote based on YOU and your particulars.

Get quotes from several companies......using exactly the same criteria so you can properly compare.

National Interstate, Bluesky, Foremost, Progressive, All State, Farmers, Amica, General, etc.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31