cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior Wall Restoration, Looking for Some Ideas !/?

Mark_Spears
Explorer
Explorer
I am restoring the interior of my 1993 28' Dutchman Class C. I pulled the nasty carpet out and replaced it with vinyl tile. My next move is going to be the walls. They currently have "vintage" wall paper that is bubbling and peeling in places. I want to strip it off and paint the wallboard but I am worried the paint will not stick b/c I live in San Antonio TX where it gets super hot. Does anyone have experience painting interiors? What about alternative solutions, excluding new wall paper?

Thanks,

Mark Spears
7 REPLIES 7

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotbyte wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
...They have hung tightly to the wall through 100+ summers...

That is a LONG LONG time! :B :B :B
:B:W
Doggone autowrite on smart phones!:p
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
...They have hung tightly to the wall through 100+ summers...

That is a LONG LONG time! :B :B :B
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

jerite
Explorer
Explorer
I was told to use a quality exterior paint/primer combo. Bought the preminum dutch boy at menards and painted our walls of our 93 Dutchmen. I cut and peeled off loose /bubbling paper and yuou can barely see lines where I cut after paint. So far so good. exterior paint holds up to the heat/cold better so I was told it will adhere good. Hope this helps.
jer

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Herself took some metal tiles and hot glued them around the stove and fridge. They have hung tightly to the wall through 100+ summers and subzero winters.

One possibility is to cover the wallboard completely with pressed tin tile on the really bad walls. I'm amazed at how the reflective silver surface makes the interior brighter. You can get inexpensive ones that will go up in less time than it takes to strip wallpaper. Here are the ones we used
http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/cb/16-pc-set-of-tin-wall-tiles.aspx?a=407941
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Mark_Spears
Explorer
Explorer
I thought about looking for paintable wallpaper but I don't have much experience hanging it.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
A decent paint store will have better ideas but what about wallpaper sizing that is rolled on, allied to dry, then painted over it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure but I believe that the walls are covered with vinyl covered paneling. You might want to replace the paneling.

Dusty