cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Laminate flooring install

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, looking to replace carpet in at least rear 1/2 of motor home with laminate flooring. Does anyone have experience? Should I install different because of floor flex? Thanks for any advice.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500
5 REPLIES 5

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
Laminate was the route I went and I just floated it. Went in fine and looks good, but wish I had looked harder for a wood grained linoleum. It would have been easier to install and lighter. Plus it would have absolutely no little tiny seams that open up when the floor flexes and catch "stuff".

Jose

images
Explorer
Explorer
Installed laminate in a area that combined the kitchen and bath area.
I chose a laminate that incorporated a sealing material at the edges to keep water from penetrating below the surface, it might have been wax but I'm not sure.
That was ten years ago and it still looks like new.
Joe & Deb And A Senegal Parrot named Sunny

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I would put in the nice vinyl. That is what came in my RV and I love it. Easy to clean and an flex isn't an issue.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
I just pulled up the old carpet and lineoleum flooring, leveled the floor and layed down the laminate. I also removed as many cabinets and other items that i could before starting.

Coalminer_UG
Explorer
Explorer
I installed some in a travel trailer. Just did it per normal. Floor never had any problems.
Ches

Served In Canadian Army 1PPCLI

Retired Underground Coal Miner (Gen Foreman)