cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leak

JonsonGoMore
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have suggestions for a leak that just recently developed in our Class C, Forrest River, Sunseeker? It appears on the carpet behind the drivers seat but I cannot locate where it's coming in. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
If it happens every single time your rv gets rained on it's the slide seal. I have one that is deteriorating on the bottom at the corner. I can see the seal folding improperly as it's being retracted. I don't know how big a deal they are to replace but I'm going to check into it myself.

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
A leaking slide is a good possibility. Be sure to check the seals around the inside and outside of the slideout. You may want to have a helper use a water hose and LIGHTLY spray water around the slide in both the in and out positions. If the slide is leaking it could be running down the wall or along the floor underneath the carpet. Unless you see a leak overhead that sounds like a good place to start. Let us know what you find.

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
What year and model, does it leak only when driving, have you checked the deals already and caulking?
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

JonsonGoMore
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we have two slides and one is on the side of the leak. It seems to be rain water as the carpet only gets wet when it rains. We've been running a dehumidifier so it gets dry between rains. Thanks

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Does it have a slide?

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Would suggest pressure test. Water from a leak can travel and can be yards away from the actual leak. IMHO a pressure test can find the leak or leaks hopefully before there is any damage.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

jf44
Explorer
Explorer
Check on roof for tiny hole in caulking or
on seam. If not there ck close window. If no
luck, rv dealers can do a pressure test.
Jayco Designer 'C'
03 Saturn LW 200
Dachshund Deluxe ๐Ÿ™‚

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
We can try. Can you give a few more specifics? E.G. Does it appear to be a water leak - Rain water or fresh water? Gray water, black water, propane? Any details will help us help you pin it down.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)