cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving for Red Bay, AL in the morning

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
So excited to be leaving in the morning for the Tiffin Factory in Red Bay, AL. We placed an order for our first Class A motorhome a few weeks ago and received word that it is currently under construction. We leave bright and early from Michigan for the 12 hr. trek down to Tiffin to tour the factory and see some of the construction of our own coach. Should be a fun experience!
“Light hearted I take to the open road… Healthy, free, the world before me… The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.” - Walt Whitman
14 REPLIES 14

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
You will love it. We had a 2005 Allegro Bay 37DB which we enjoyed for over nine years. We had a lot of fun with it and it did well going over the Rockies on our trip out west in 2012. Good luck with yours and enjoy it to the fullest.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered a gasser. Model 36LA - Rocky Mountain Brown.
Delivery is expected around 11/25. :))
“Light hearted I take to the open road… Healthy, free, the world before me… The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.” - Walt Whitman

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Summerhouse
We know what you are talking about. We were standing there watching our end cap go on on 8/27/13. Yes you can get as close as you want to. We were surprised that they told us to go wherever we want to and told us to be sure to take in the paint plant in Bellmont. We know that you will be glad to take possession of it. What model are you getting and what color did you go with? Enjoy and use it every chance that you get. We may see you on the road.
Bob and Ann
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath

jeepfreak
Explorer
Explorer
Which model are you buying?
2007 Allegro 34wa Workhorse 8.1, Allison 6-speed. Bow Tie powered 79 CJ-7 Toad or 2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Toad

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Dale.Traveling, I know exactly what you mean! I so wanted to be a part if it!! We built a great deal of our home that we currently live in, and I would have loved to spend a little while 'helping'!!
They let us crawl all over our coach. I was inside while they were finishing installing the cargo bay doors. They were going to move it from one building to another so I hopped out. The worker said, "Oh, you can ride along." So we actually got our first 'ride' in it already. We did everything we could to stay back out of their way. Several workers would come up and ask if it was our coach. When we said yes, they would say, "I'm about to do such & such if you want to come on this side or up inside you can watch". I think I took a couple hundred pictures too and several videos. What a great experience. Totally confirmed our decision to go with Tiffin as a builder.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a Tiffin owner, yet, but did the tour this past summer. I can't imagine being on the production line with my future coach and not picking up a hand tool or even a broom and working on it with the crew. Was really surprised how close they allowed us to get. Figured there would be walkways and such we would have to stay behind.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Toured the factory yesterday. Got to see our coach get the end cap and front caps installed, cargo bays doors attached, and start to receive the interior fixtures installed. I asked the crew to not install the 'artwork', but could they pack it up and leave un-attached instead? They made an immediate note and notified the foreman, who came over immediately and made sure what we wanted.
I also questioned whether I wanted the window treatment over the sink installed or not. Three workers and I stood there comparing the pros and cons of installing it or not and they were great in helping me decide. (Opted to go ahead and have it installed).
I simply can't praise Tiffin as a company, and every single employee, enough for the outstanding quality we saw and enthusiasm for what they do.
We also toured the paint facility in Belmont, MS. Same level of workmanship and job enthusiasm throughout the facility. I am absolutely impressed!

Jack_Kay
Explorer
Explorer
If not already, you should join the Tiffin Forum at

http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/

It's a wealth of information and other folks waiting at Tiffin will be on that site.
Jack & Kay
2015 Allegro 32CA
2014 Honda CR-V
FMCA #F341229

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new coach. As pigman1 said there is a lot to see. They allow you to go wherever you want and take all of the pictures of everything. It is a great group of people. We were there watching ours being built about 7 weeks ago. It is a small town but there is a small local motel by the Tiffin service center.
Bob and Ann
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
You'll love the build. We watched ours being built from welding to paint in December. Plan on long days, as they start work at 7AM and many times work past quitting. You will be able to be right with your coach. We were inside ours when cabinets were being brought in and hung, when the slides and roof were being fabricated and installed. Be careful though, there's too much going on at the same time to see everything. Don't miss Belmont either. The sanding, masking, and painting is fascinating. Paint drying is just a matter of minutes in their huge ovens.

Congrats on the new rig.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget your camera! Be sure to post pictures and have FUN!

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
We aren't making the trip in our current coach since we weren't going to be staying long, plus we have already emptied out the coach and winterized in preparation for trade-in.
I haven't made hotel reservations anywhere either though! Hope we find a place to stay-not too worried though.
Perhaps we'll run into each other and say hello!!

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Have you made arrangements for a place to stay? We are there right now and the service center is a madhouse.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Odessa_Grandma
Explorer
Explorer
Wow.....jealous??? Yes! That's a dream trip for sure!
Grandma and Grandpa
MO
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS
2015 Dodge Ram 1500