Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling jack solenoid replacement

eskins
Explorer
Explorer
Hello again,
My left rear leveling jack has stopped retracting automatically. I have to go and open the t-valve for that jack for it to retract.

I'm thinking maybe the solenoid needs replacing and looking from some tips/advice from the wise ones who've been down this path before.

I presume I could confirm it's the solenoid just by moving one of the electrical plugs for a working leveler to that one and if it retracts, then confirmed. If not, then more TS needed on my end.

I'm also having a hard time finding a replacement solenoid. There's no part number listed in the HWH manual.

It's an HWH 310 leveling system w/ T-valves.
2003 Itasca Suncruiser 35U.

As usual, feedback most appreciated and has been quite helpful in the past.
6 REPLIES 6

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
Call HWH!
X-2, Toll Free 1-800-321-3494

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I recently experienced the same problem on the same jack.
Please see my posting on this forum under "HWH 310 Series Manifold Solenoid"
My required solenoid was a RAP0642. Unavailable from HWH at the time(backordered).
When you call HWH, you most likely will not get to talk to a technician immediately. They return calls in the order that calls are received. In my case, that took almost three weeks. Totally Unsat! However calls from dealers are returned quickly.
If you determine that a solenoid is required, I would suggest that you call RV Dealerships nearby and give them the RAP number. I found two dealerships within 40 miles of my residence and they both had the solenoids on the shelf.
I checked what I could find listed on EBay, they were "Gone".
Good luck and feel free to PM me for any additional help.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Winegard (in-motion tracking)
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

GMCK154X4
Explorer
Explorer
Bought mine off of eBid for 150.00 each. Search for HWH's part # RAP 0142

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, you can swap the 2 wire connection from another solenoid. IF the jack then retracts, your fuse is blown for that solenoid. Usually, if the fuse is blown, the cause is a shorted solenoid. IF the solenoid is shorted, it will blow the fuse for the swapped solenoid. The replacement solenoids are on backorder. HWH has been out for a few months. You may have to get it from another RV service center that has HWH parts in stock. Doug

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Their parts books are on line here

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Call HWH!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992