cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leveling jacks

Wijames
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see leveling jacks on any of the Class C's around here. Do many of you use them and if so do you carry portables of attach them to the frame?

Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

Prpl_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
I have Bigfoot levelers on my 31' Class C. I'm a 67 yo woman who most often is traveling by herself. I had the levelers installed at the manufacturer's place of business in MI one or two years after purchasing my C new. There is no way I could physically crawl under or bend under to place blocks. I would never have another RV of this length without levelers. Yes, they were expensive, but so worth it to me and my situation. YMMV
2009 31F Four Winds Dutchmen E-450

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Had Bigfoots installed after none for a couple of years. Would do so again. We took the coach to them just north of Jayco and just inside the In/Mi line. I was told Jayco uses them for all their coaches.

Its great to just push a couple of buttons and be level, especially in bad weather.
Jim Hunter

BigD629
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2013 30' Nexus came with Big Foot levelers. I love just hitting a button and in less than a minute be level! makes setup/breakdown a breeze. would not own an RV without levelers.
2005 Foretravel U270,36', 400HP Cummins ISL
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Polaris Turbo

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have the HWH semi automatic levelers on my 'C'. A control on the dash lights up the LF, RF, LR, RR that needs to be raised. When the lights are all off, I'm level. Sure is nice to have when its raining.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Toot_Mc
Explorer
Explorer
My Coach house has HWH level jacks, Hydraulic system for leveling also used to also operate slide.
Has never had a problem.
Coach House 261 XL Platinum
2009 Lincoln MKX AWD
2005 Honda CRV AWD
Airforce1 towd Brake system
2011 VESPA GTV 300
US Navy 1954->62, EM-1, USS Boxer CVA-21, USS Essex CVA-9

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had leveling jacks on my class C. My Hoppy leveling gauges tell me how much I have to raise each corner so I put the appropriate blocks in place and drive up on them. Works for me.

The rocking that some people have mentioned has never bothered me.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
hey man, we have a set of jacks. a 225 system, from hwh. bout two yrs now.sure is nice. on our 29ft Montclair by Monaco.nice unit. now it all happy-camping

DaCrema
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 26.5 RV. It is our first RV. When I was looking I thought I would want auto levers. Then on this forum someone said something like buy the RV and see how you are using it first. Then get the levers if needed.
A little over three year into ownership more less have decided not to get them. I will grant you that when it gets very windy or when we have visitors camping with us levers would be nice. And for changing a tire they would be helpful.
I would buy the RV and see how you use it. Be aware of the added weight and you OCCC.

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1990 Winnebago Warrior came with them - the original owner had them installed. It is an HWH system and still going strong 25 years later.

I love them. Leveling is a small part of what they do. The big thing they do is they stabilize the camper. Otherwise, every time someone rolls over in bed or otherwise moves around the camper the house bounces on the suspension. With the jacks down, the house doesn't move. It's very nice.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Captain wrote:
On the larger C's, 29-32' I can see where a lot of folks feel the need for levelers. On the smaller C's 19 - 25', not so much. On our 24 footer it is just too easy to simply place one or two Leggo blocks under one side or the other. Yes you need to block both the duals when lifting one side and I have never needed to go more than more than two blocks high. Simply pushing a button is easy but often you need to get down on your hands and knees to make sure they are properly/securely set anyway.

This is how I feel and ours is a 31 footer. I feel like dealing with the "legos" with a C is easier than dealing with them on a TT for some reason - not a big deal to us at all. We camp at a decent amount of state parks and only once have we gone to three levels and used all of our two sets of lynx.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Our winnebago aspect has them and yes I still have blocks for under the legs since sometimes it depends on where you park, Soft tarmac. sand, muddy lot etc. I do level the rig with the blocks under the tires and then manually level the rig. They are quicker but unless parking on cement I would be very careful with them. Its no big deal to put a block under the appropriate leg/tire or even to pull them out and pack away when leaving.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 24' Itasca, no levelers. I put a cat's eye/round level on the dog house where I can see it from the driver's seat. Often times I can get the rig level just by moving it around on the lot.

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
We have Bigfoot levelers.
They were on the two-year old rig when we bought it.

I love them but not sure I would spend the money to have them installed if we didn't already have them. If money wasn't an issue I would have them in a heart beat.

On campsites with some slope I find myself having to drive front or back wheels onto boards due to running out of cylinder length on the levelers.
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

Wijames
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
What class C do you have.?

I have a 1993 28 foot Four winds Chateau with a 460