cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling?

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
We do not currently own a MH, but are in the market. We have rented class C's in the past from Cruise America. When we rented, they would tell us to try and park as level as possible, or the fridge might not work. That was it. No leveling mentioned at all.

I have been reading on here, and a lot of people say that they would want an auto leveler on the wish list.

If your RV doesn't have an auto level, how do you level your RV? Do you actually carry a level on your RV to make sure it is level?

Thanks! Jules
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!
31 REPLIES 31

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Assume you are putting 2 of the Anderson Levelers under the duals? Do you carry 5 of them to handle situations needing both left/right on rear and one front?
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
TyroneandGladys wrote:
Anderson Levelers easiest way to level that I have ever used.

I can see that they would be great with a TT. How do you use them on a Class C when 3 corners have to be raised different amounts? I know this is an extreme case but it does happen.
Fist thought would be find another place. Failing that, keep in mind that for us if the food doesn't slide off the table that is close enough, place first Anderson under wheel needing the most lift back up a tad put under second tire and back up and place under last tire.
We can level front to back in under 3 minutes and that is including the time to get the levelers out of storage.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Harveyj
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using a torpedo level for years. I always level the stove top using the "Lego" blocks as needed.

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:

Those levelers look awesome!

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a level and two bags of the plastic leveling blocks. My standards are fairly low about perfectly level.

Most commercial RV park sites are reasonably level and take minimum or no blocks. Many rustic govt sites take more leveling. If many sites appear unlevel, I scout sites and try to select a level one if it is decent otherwise. I usually can get it reasonable with up to 3 inches of blocks in low areas as required. If it is within half bubble i'm generally good with it. As mentioned it just has to be reasonable.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Honestly, if you use your kitchen at all, level for the stove top. The fridge will be close enough that it won't bother it.

I want the cook to be happy. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:

I can see that they would be great with a TT. How do you use them on a Class C when 3 corners have to be raised different amounts? I know this is an extreme case but it does happen.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

triple602
Explorer
Explorer
Loved jacks when I had them. Now that I don't, I do my best to get close to level and haven't had any problems.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
NekkidFish wrote:
tenbear wrote:
NekkidFish wrote:
Thank you Cloud! Off topic question. I just joined Good Sam. How do I put that on the left side like all of you have?

It may be as simple as logging off and back on again. Also, make sure you are using the same internet provider that you told Good Sam about.

Hmmmm. Good Sam didn't ask for my internet provider.

They don't need to ask. They captured that. Any website you connect with knows your address, unless you take precautions to hide it, then they still have the address you are hiding behind.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

the_trippers
Explorer
Explorer
We run our Fridge on propane while going down the road, and going up the road too, and no issues yet after years of RVing. But we keep it reasonably level when parked to keep gasses from accumulating.
2018 Tiffin Allegro 32SA

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:

Surprising, they need your address to send you all their junk email.
Did you give them an email address? That contains your internet provider.

Oh yes. I gave them both my mailing address, as well as my email address. They said it takes a couple of days in the email I just got, so maybe that is why.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
In my one year worth of experience I have been surprised to realize that a small amount off-level is noticeable and bothersome aside from the fridge issue. Like most others I seldom need to use the leveling blocks but am very glad to have them when they are needed.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
NekkidFish wrote:
tenbear wrote:
NekkidFish wrote:
Thank you Cloud! Off topic question. I just joined Good Sam. How do I put that on the left side like all of you have?

It may be as simple as logging off and back on again. Also, make sure you are using the same internet provider that you told Good Sam about.

Hmmmm. Good Sam didn't ask for my internet provider.

Surprising, they need your address to send you all their junk email.
Did you give them an email address? That contains your internet provider.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory