cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking to trade in

Sharon_and_Larr
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to trade in my 23 ft chateau with the v-10 gas for a v6 diesel Mercedes-Benz 3.0L 6-cylinder, 188-hp turbo-diesel engine
โ€ข Adaptive ESPยฎ technology
โ€ข 5-speed automatic transmission w/Tip Shift technology
โ€ข 4-wheel ABS
โ€ข 220-amp. alternator
โ€ข Trailer Hitch 5 5,000-lb. drawbar/500-lb. maximum vertical tongue weight w/7-pin connector
โ€ข Stainless steel wheel liners
Any input?
13 REPLIES 13

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
if you want carrying capacity and towing capacity, don't buy the sprinter chassis.
bumpy

Depends what you want to tow. I have about 1500 OCCC and that leaves 4000 to tow but I only tow a bit under 3000 with my Tracker.

Fuel economy (not towing) is around 15. Pulling the toad knocks off about 1.5 MPG.

Power is comparable to my 94 460 E350 RV.

The cab is way better than a Ford. Lots of room since there's no engine in there with you. Passenger side has lots of foot room.

If you do your own maintenance the Sprinter is much easier to work on than a Ford. Lots of room under the hood. Open the hood and the oil filter is right there in the front. Air filter in center with fuel filter right under it. Spark plugs...oh, wait a minute. Cabin air filter right there too. You can actually get to the belts. There is so much room under the hood that some people have put the hydraulic package for HWH levelers in there.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
With one the size of the Navion a toad wouldn't be needed. :B

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
if you want carrying capacity and towing capacity, don't buy the sprinter chassis.
bumpy

floridacamping
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 navion and are extremely pleased with it! Our gas mileage is between 15 and 17 depending on our speed and the terrain! This is a well built class c that you will enjoy driving and parking!

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
The Sprinter chassis cost difference can buy a lot of fuel, although Sprinters do hold their resale value extremely well.

There are some tradeoffs. You are going to pay Mercedes prices for maintaining the vehicle, however Sprinters seem to be reliable, otherwise one would read tons of threads complaining about it here, or on the Sprinter (sprinter-source.com) website.

Of course, if you can keep your rig for one or two more years, the motorhome industry is going to go through some gigantic changes, arguably some of the biggest since in decades, due to the chassis change (Econoline to Transit.)

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
If there are only two of you I'd say go for it.

Sharon_and_Larr
Explorer
Explorer
thanks now thats what im looking for

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Underpowered is subjective. It has enough power to exceed speed limits anywhere in North America. Acceleration should be similar to what you have now, better at high altitude. You can expect maybe twice the MPG. At 5000 miles a year, you might save $1000 on fuel costs, at current prices. More fuel cost savings with more miles.

Countered by higher initial costs, M-B maintenance costs, not prepaid as they are with M-B cars in the U.S. You figure out the value of that to you.

Most shops that bought on Sprinter to try, for HVAC, plumbing, electrical service work, or urban delivery, buy more of them to replace their Chevys and Fords.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Sharon_and_Larr
Explorer
Explorer
Not looking for values but opinions on the View. Things like fuel mileage, is it under powered that kind of stuff

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
A start it to go to NADA and put in your info then see what it is worth, then put in what you want to buy, put in that info and see what it is worth.

It is a starting point to give you some ball park figures.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Sharon_and_Larr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Chateau on a Ford chassis with 19000 miles . I am looking for anything someone may know about the 2014 View by Winnebago on a Mercedes Benz chassis

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
Whats the mileage?
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours

jcapps
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing the year or mileage of your current rig or the intended use and mileage of the new one. I am not sure what input you want except enjoy
"The great challenge of adulthood is holding on to your idealism after you lose your innocence."
โ€“ Bruce Springsteen

"This ain't the practice round"
- a friend