Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcerator

rickvikki
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning Everyone:

We are currently researching marcerators for our MH.

Our situation ideally is to have a marcerator that can attach a garden hose to run it 30-40 ft.

Your feedback on what make to buy and what you think of attaching a garden hose to marcerator would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rick
Rick and Vikki Landry
Ottawa, Canada
Tiffen Phaeton 2006 (40 ft.)
17 REPLIES 17

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
donsuefuggrwe wrote:
We have been using one for 12 years in one spot where we stay twice a year for a month each time. (spring and fall) One inch hose is a must. Even then you will eventually build a pyramid of poop in the black tank. A one inch line and macerator can not produce the surge that you get with a 3 or is it a 4 inch hose and valve wide open needed to remove everything. Then when we leave these sites we put half a container of Calgon into the tank. It softens everything up and the next time we dump we can see the black bottom of the tank. We pump to a septic tank 80 feet from the MH. Good luck. Most important---nothing but toilet paper into the tank and as little of that as possible.

Have been using Sanicon exclusively in two different motorhomes over an 8 year period with no BP issues, of course we seldom stay in one place for more than 2 weeks so road sloshing may help keep the black tank clear. I also use the grey tank contents to flush the black tank as described above.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

jim_smithjr
Explorer
Explorer
Our present MH came with a SaniFlo system and it works great. I always give the black tank three flushes with grey water when I'm pumping the tank system. That keeps my tank sensors working.

The procedure is;
1- Open black flush valve, start pump.
2- When black tank empties stop pump and open grey valve. Do not close the black valve. Allow a few minutes for black and grey tanks to equalize. Close grey valve and start pump again.
3- When black tank is empty, stop pump and open the grey valve again. This process allows the soapy grey water to clean the black tank of solids and paper. After the tanks have equalized, close the grey valve and pump the black tank dry again.
4- When black tank empties stop the pump, open grey valve and equalize one more time. When tanks equalize, leave all valves open and pump both tanks dry.
5- Check your sensors.

SaniFlo uses a 1" plastic hose that stretches to 21'. This particular hose isn't really easy to find. The marine folks use the same hose, but not in 1". I haven't checked any farm stores.
Jim and Pam Smith, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
2008 Monaco Cayman 38 PDQ
2000 Bayliner 3258, Mercruiser 5.7 L X 2
1966 Lincoln Continental convertible
2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD
2009 Harley Davidson Sportster 883L

den60
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Sanicon with the grey water drain when the pump isn't running. I pump 50 ft to a septic clean out and about 2 ft uphill when I'm here with the family. I have been doing this off and on for 2 years and it works great for me. All I know about the Flo Jet is that everyone seems to like them and you can get one at Camping World a lot cheaper than what I paid for my Sanicon but that might be because I bought mine from a small family owned RV dealer.
2005 Newmar Northern Star 40'
350 Cat, Allison Trans
2000 Honda CR-V Toad

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
There was someone on here who built one out of a garbage disposal.
I have the Flow Jet. It is the only one I have used so I can't compare but it works well. I can pump up hill but the more up hill you go the less distance you will get.

00_BUCK
Explorer
Explorer
donsuefuggrwe wrote:
We have been using one for 12 years in one spot where we stay twice a year for a month each time. (spring and fall) One inch hose is a must. Even then you will eventually build a pyramid of poop in the black tank. A one inch line and macerator can not produce the surge that you get with a 3 or is it a 4 inch hose and valve wide open needed to remove everything. Then when we leave these sites we put half a container of Calgon into the tank. It softens everything up and the next time we dump we can see the black bottom of the tank. We pump to a septic tank 80 feet from the MH. Good luck. Most important---nothing but toilet paper into the tank and as little of that as possible.

Just left 7 months in Florida at one spot never used anything but the FloJet . No problems but did flush the tank with the black tank flush valve .
2011 Newmar - VENTANA -- with COMFORT DRIVE :B
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar w/ Roadmaster adapters
AirForce One brake system

Life Member GOOD SAM Club
FMCA Member

If your not the lead dog
the view never changes

donsuefuggrwe
Explorer
Explorer

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Have been using Sanicon for 7 years or so. We use it at our son's house where I store a 100' section of 1" irrigation pipe. When we are there I connect to the pipe which is inserted into a clean out. It is about 1 foot above the base of the coach tanks. I set up a siphon and the grey tank flow steadily until I close it off to store some grey to flush the black out of the pipe. I have the standard 25 feet of flex hose and another 25 feet of semi flex hose for situations where I need more reach. Several times when at an Elks Lodge and I needed to reach to get to a dump I have added a garden hose to the system for the final stretch. The system works fine for us and it is always in place.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
rickvikki wrote:
: Do these marcerators pump well up hill?
Yes. It's macerator, not marcerator.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a FLo-Jet when I need to pump a long long way or up hill.

Oh, I also got a 50' BLACK 3/4 Garden hose (1" is better but more expensive).

Hoses areound here are color coded. my 25' GRAY hose is used only for Gray (of course) water.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bobtucker
Explorer
Explorer
Check out cleandump.com
It has a flow jet pump and several sections of 1" hose (10 and 20') they also have a valve and a right angle that will screw into a clean out plug. Love ours.

You might also check out farm supply stores for 1" quick connect connections, helps to hook to the pump and add sectiions.

Love ours

rickvikki
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dennis, we are also fulltimers and plan to use it off and on and our son's home using the drain cleanout.
Rick and Vikki Landry
Ottawa, Canada
Tiffen Phaeton 2006 (40 ft.)

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine came on the coach...I've used it to pump 150' with a rise of about 5'...just make sure your hose is large enough. 3/4 is minimum...1" would be best. I am assuming you want to be able to run it to a drain cleanout at your home, so it would be sometimes thing and not a regular occurrence. If that is the case, get yourself a length of 1" hose and add hose ends. The larger the diameter of the hose, the easier it is on your pump. Since we full time, many COE parks as well as State Parks in the East do not have sewers. We try to get a site near the bathroom so we can pump to there if necessary. I wouldn't be without one....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

2ndhom
Explorer
Explorer
rickvikki wrote:
To Sanicon and Flojet owners: Do these marcerators pump well up hill?

Define "up hill". 6 inches or 6 feet?

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
I have the sanicon and it would work for you as long as the extension hose is ID 3/4" or larger. A normal garden hose is too small and would burn up the motor. I added a second 21' hose so I can reach 42' and it retracts to 14'. They do make a 50' hose.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ