cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicine Cabinet HELP!!!! :-) :-)

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Okay I love the motor home BUT whenever I open the medicine cabinet it dumps most of the items on the floor, first it freaks me out and second can REALLY HURT :B :h I have been looking on it as forced exercise but it is getting a little annoying.

The clasp is tight and I really don't want to loosen it but I also would like my stuff to stay in there. Thought of some small trays but it is almost too narrow for that. So what have you done (if anything) to keep the things were they belong.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
16 REPLIES 16

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
chobe2 wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
I normally cut a 1/2 piece of trim to fit and glue it to each end and in the middle (pour has two door)on each location I use a piece of wood that fits insie to glue to then afix it to each end. Our stuff never moves and the cabinet is really packed with stuff.

Do you have any photos?

I may get some next time I see my trailer as it in for a mystery rock that hit the front end somewhere in Arkansas. 3600 bucks damage.
I still have to teach myself how to post a photo here.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
After searching Bed Bath and beyond I found some containers that will work (I actually forgot about that place in my search till someone mentioned it). Need to modify two of them as I have a plastic build out on the sides of the top and bottom shelf that is in the way , but nothing a Dremel can not help with.

Another project out of the way :B
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

chobe2
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:
I normally cut a 1/2 piece of trim to fit and glue it to each end and in the middle (pour has two door)on each location I use a piece of wood that fits insie to glue to then afix it to each end. Our stuff never moves and the cabinet is really packed with stuff.

Do you have any photos?
2015 Ram 3500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, SB, SRW, 4WD, Fox Shocks, Helwig Bigwig, Timbrens, Torklift Talons & Fastguns

2007 Lance 845 WIP - Wish List: 200w Solar, MPPT Controller, Two AGM Batteries, 1500w Inverter, Microwave, Awning(s), etc...More Money!

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

rv4jimnme
Explorer
Explorer
Hubbie made wooden supports about the size and thickness of a "pant stirring stick" he mounted them towards the bottom In each shelf. sorry no pic motorhome sold...

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
thestoloffs wrote:
The single magnet used to hold the door closed is fine for a house, but not a rolling house!

We found a bungee cord attached to suction cups on either end @ Bass Pro's marine section.

Attach it on either side of the cabinet as a whole, and pull the cord down to open the cabinet.

No magnet on this unit, it has a latch that will never open by accident 🙂 That is part of the issue in that when I do open it the door snaps open and things fly.

I think I will first try BB & B for some storage units but I have a feeling it is too narrow for that. If that does not work I have a pile of plastic in the garage that I could make fronts out of.

Thanks everyone for the advice!
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
The single magnet used to hold the door closed is fine for a house, but not a rolling house!

We found a bungee cord attached to suction cups on either end @ Bass Pro's marine section.

Attach it on either side of the cabinet as a whole, and pull the cord down to open the cabinet.

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
We use these plastic containers from Bed, Bath & Beyond or The Container Store. Under them, we use the white rubberish non-skid material.

[img][/img]

Bill

Those plastic containers are great. I must go find some.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use small plastic see-through boxes/baskets, about 2 inches deep and various sizes, small squares, narrow rectangles, etc. and just fit them in as best I can.
another thing I have considered (but not done yet) is getting a spice rack and hang it on the wall near the basin.
the basin sits on a small console, so I store stuff in it and use clear plastic containers with lids.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use these plastic containers from Bed, Bath & Beyond or The Container Store. Under them, we use the white rubberish non-skid material.

[img][/img]

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
two ideas:

some sort of stretchy mesh fabric hooked to sides of cabinet

small boxes/bins and velcro tape strips, fuzzy side of the velcro tape on the bins and loopy side stuck onto the med chest wall
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
I used an elastic cord about 2" above the bottom of each shelve. It is easy to put stuff in and the elastic keeps it from falling out.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Google, "RV cabinet rods," for lots of sources, styles and choices.
They are adjustable.

Here is one example of a double rod, but they come in singles also.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of searching 'RV bathroom organization' some time ago I remember seeing quite a few devices to contain items in medicine cabinets.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds