cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michelin Advantage Program

clinedinstjt
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased 8 Michelins XRV 305-70R22.5 through the Michelin program. Everything went well. All 8 installed with Equal in each tire was $5619.21
19 REPLIES 19

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
cat199 wrote:
Purchased two Michelin xza 2 energy at les schwab in Newport Oregon for 1320 balanced and installed-- no program. 275 70 22.5

Those tires on the "plan" would have cost you $992 plus mount and balance

cat199
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased two Michelin xza 2 energy at les schwab in Newport Oregon for 1320 balanced and installed-- no program. 275 70 22.5

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
If you are using the "plan" the dealer cannot load the price of the tires as you are not paying the dealer nor does he set the price. Michelin has a set price for the tires. Most dealers will just charge you the regular price for the install. They do get a small kickback from Michelin.

Moisheh

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
kyclassa wrote:
I do not need new tires at this time but was wondering just how good are those Toyo tires? I guess they are make is China. (where most everything is made)

Toyo tires are some of the best rated truck type tires available. Toyo is a Japanese company.

kyclassa
Explorer
Explorer
I do not need new tires at this time but was wondering just how good are those Toyo tires? I guess they are make is China. (where most everything is made)

Norm___Deb
Explorer
Explorer
I got my "out the door" price from the dealer and then talked about the Michelin plan. I did save quite a bit of money.

People have told me that sometimes if a dealer knows you are using the "plan" they will front load the price, or will inflate the balance and tire disposal price. Something to think about.
Norm

2001 Monaco Knight 38' DP Triple Slide
2001 4WD Blazer in back

"Everything I will ever tell you will be 100% the truth, or would be 100% the truth if it actually happened."

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
If they have BE, BF or AN as 1st letters after DOT stamped on the side they are made in Birmingham Al, Woodburn IN and Tuscaloosa AL int that order. US made. They also mfg in Spartanburg SC and Waterville Nova Scotia. Not sure of DOT letter for those 2.

GGeorge
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a new coach on monday the 20th. Since my new tires are good for a couple of years, maybe I should start saving now for replacements. Or maybe I should just park the thing in a campground and drive the car to the campground to go camping. The coach has Michelins now. I have heard (read) where you should replace with same tires manufacturer because that is what the coach manufacturer suggests best for the coach.

G George
GGeorge
Marietta, Ohio
2014 Coachmen Encounter
2010 Jeep Liberty

clinedinstjt
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
clinedinstjt wrote:
Just purchased 8 Michelins XRV 305-70R22.5 through the Michelin program. Everything went well. All 8 installed with Equal in each tire was $5619.21

That's $702/tire installed, where did you purchase them?

Purchased in Hagerstown,Md

mscamping
Explorer
Explorer
We just put Michelins on the front and they were made in Spain.. It seems that all companies are going world wide.. There's a new market over there for them to tap into.. Mike Mathews..
2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36 PBD - ISB 300 Cummins- Allison MH2000 5 speed
2013 Equinox w/Blue Ox Aventa II & SMI Stay-n-Play Duo
FMCA 331658 HRRVC 105155 Chapter - 57- Good Sam Life Member - Coach Net - 3/4 timers
Mike & Sharon

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
Wow after reading this post I am glad I have a C, four tires installed $651.00, I had no ideal that the A's tires cost that much.
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
It is a fact that most companies who move operations to China do it to improve their profit, not give a consumer a better buy.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Dutchstar02
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had 6 installed (275 70 22.5 XZA2 Energy) for $3850 out the door - no FMAC program, that was their regular pricing. I had quotes ranging from the $3850 up to $5200 for the same tires from both sides of the border. The tires are made in the US.
Bill
02 Dutch Star DP 3852
Toad: 03 Explorer

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
clinedinstjt wrote:

That's $702/tire installed, where did you purchase them?

It's not the dealer that prices em, it's Michelin Advantage fleet pricing. I think TCI or Snyder actually installed mine, but pricing is the same at any Advantage dealer. You pay Michelin thru FMCA for the tire and Fed prices. All other labor/parts, you pay the tire installer.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot